Dark_iced_jedi's Modern Collection

Dark_iced_jedi

Padawan
Ok, as told by someone else, gonna post some of my collection pics in here. :) alot of my stuff is in storage so apoligies, I have no photos of that stuff.

Sorry about quality on some of them and that they are a bit out dated (got more stuff since then).

----------------------------

Master Replicas .45 Sabers, .33 Blaster - Gentle Giant busts and Tomy Helmets:

PC280340-1.jpg

More Gentle Giant Busts:

PC280343-1.jpg

Gentle Giant Bust-ups:

PC280342-1.jpg

Medicom Kubricks, VCD's - Code 3 Posters - Clone Autographed Print :

P4250469.jpg

P4250478.jpg

P4250475.jpg

P4250472.jpg

P4250483.jpg

CloneAuto.jpg

P4290005.jpg

P4290021.jpg

Gentle Giant Boba Statue:

PB270024.jpg

Sideshow 12"

P4250487.jpg

Kotobukiya:

P8310007.jpg

Gentle Giant Maquettes:

maquettes.jpg

Miniatures:

P4150158.jpg

Applause Figural Mugs:

P4150169.jpg

Hasbro Unleashed - Autographed POTJ and ROTS Figs:

P6220190.jpg

P1120120.jpg

P1120119.jpg

P1120118.jpg

P1120107.jpg

Clones:

P4040040.jpg

P4040041.jpg

P4040043.jpg

P6220191.jpg

Autographed Video:

PB270054.jpg

Oh and here's me on the right trooping :D :

MrMaul.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
That's a serious amount of stuff.

What's the pride and joy of the collection? Usually everyone has one that is either valuable, rare or just special for a sentimental reason.

Dark_iced_jedi

Padawan
Fitzy said:

What's the pride and joy of the collection? Usually everyone has one that is either valuable, rare or just special for a sentimental reason.

That would be a tie between firstly the clone autograph print becuase theres only 100 in the world and i personally met the 2 guys to get it signed, custom framed and it just looks stunning and secondly the Celebration 3 exclusive sandtrooper corporal bust becuase of all the memories i had going to america and all the fun at the convention. :)

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Dark_iced_jedi said:
Fitzy said:

That would be a tie between firstly the clone autograph print becuase theres only 100 in the world and i personally met the 2 guys to get it signed, custom framed and it just looks stunning and secondly the Celebration 3 exclusive sandtrooper corporal bust becuase of all the memories i had going to america and all the fun at the convention. :)

That's cool that your favourites are ones that have a particular memory or experience attatched to them. Like my vintage stuff, my favourite things are the worn out stuff from when I was a kid. Managed to keep it which was nice as I know a lot of people lost theirs to younger relatives.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Not into the modern stuff myself, but that is one sweeeeet collection you have there mate. Awesome in fact. Love the clone trooper singed by TM!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Like Rudyard, I aint a big fan of the modern stuff, but that's a great collection! 8)
It must be worth a fortune. :lol:

What are you missing, looking to add to the collection?

Dark_iced_jedi

Padawan
weasel said:
Like Rudyard, I aint a big fan of the modern stuff, but that's a great collection! 8)
It must be worth a fortune. :lol:

What are you missing, looking to add to the collection?

I shall post my want list on the forum.

inzaman

Sith Lord
Awesome collection DIJ i like the way you have displayed the 3d posters, i love them but just cannot find a space for them.

Its good to see someone else who likes the modern as well.

See guys (older members) its not just about the vintage :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:lol:
Nah some of the modern stuff looks pretty good, especially when it's all part of a decent collection. But, for me the modern stuff doesn't have the same attaction, probably because I didn't have any modern figs as a kid

spoons

Grand Master
The collection looks very impressive 8)

I'm with weasel though, it might look good but I need the nostalgia factor which modern collecting just doesn't have

Dark_iced_jedi

Padawan
spoons said:
The collection looks very impressive 8)

I'm with weasel though, it might look good but I need the nostalgia factor which modern collecting just doesn't have

But in a way, this is the nostalgia to our generation as I wasn't around when all the vintage stuff came out but i get your point.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The only line I am collecting at the moment is Kubricks which are the little things near the top, they are just wonderful but very addictive hence them being nicknamed "crackbricks". :?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Dark_iced_jedi said:
But in a way, this is the nostalgia to our generation as I wasn't around when all the vintage stuff came out but i get your point.

I was thinking that when I read Spoons reply. I guess it's just the age gap thing. :wink: (Insert your own funny comment Jabba!)

At the end of the day, no one on here will slag anyone else off for what they collect or the size of their collection. Each to their own, and it's always nice to see someone else's collection. :D

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
You've got some great items in your collection and it's not often I say that about modern items !!! :lol:

I love the Gentle Giant busts and I have the ROTS Vader and the Han & Luke Stormtrooper busts on my mantlepiece but I don't have room for any more. :(

Kubricks are something I have considered collecting but I only have a Vader at the moment as I know once I buy a couple I will end up buying everything so it's best not to start !! :oops:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I haven't got anything modern other than a Code 3 X-Wing but keep seeing these little Kubricks about. They are pretty nifty but seem to cost a fair amount. Who makes them and when did they first appear?

Dark_iced_jedi

Padawan
Darth Wensleydale said:
I haven't got anything modern other than a Code 3 X-Wing but keep seeing these little Kubricks about. They are pretty nifty but seem to cost a fair amount. Who makes them and when did they first appear?

Medicom Toy produce them, distributed by Tomy and Series 1 of the star wars line came out in 2001.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
So are there limited editions and rarer figures? I saw a Rebo Band set that seemed to be similar in price to some of the vintage ones :shock:
I like the packaging though, I might treat myself to a figure at CE - that is unless I find a Palitoy Han Solo 12 back to spend all my dosh on :)

Dark_iced_jedi

Padawan
Darth Wensleydale said:
So are there limited editions and rarer figures? I saw a Rebo Band set that seemed to be similar in price to some of the vintage ones :shock:
I like the packaging though, I might treat myself to a figure at CE - that is unless I find a Palitoy Han Solo 12 back to spend all my dosh on :)

They are split into Basics, Chases, Box Sets and Carded.

- 12 boxes per case of kubricks.

-Basics you get 6 in a series - retail Ã'£5-6

- Chases is normally 2 or 3 per series. (1 rare and 2 super rare) and they come blind packed in a basic's box (i.e luke x-wing can have a wedge x-wing without knowing) The normal chase is about 1:12 boxes so 1 per case and retail at about Ã'£15 on ebay. The super chases are 1:98 boxes hence them normally going for about Ã'£80 on the bay.

- Box-sets, Medicom often bring out like 5-packs, speeder bikes, rebo band etc.

- Carded are exclusives to certain exibitions in japan.

However, although the chase and super chase are very rare, there is only a set amount of kubricks produced per series and that is set by the pre-order numbers via the big companies. So when series 8 comes out, if only 1000 cases are pre-ordered (unlikely but example sake) then there will only be like 10 of each super chase in the world.

Follow me?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Thanks for the info. Its an interesting way of doing things and obviously keeps people collecting them. I'll have to have a look at a few ebay Kubricks and see whats about :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom