Crazy Luke Palitoy

fun4kids

Padawan
I know we are not supposed to out listings but I have to do this one - BIN price is laughable isnt it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-PALITOY-LUKE-SKYWALKER-12-BACK-AFA-85-85-85-85-/181157481237?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2a2dd3cb15

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Don't worry about outing BIN's mate...

No matter how many people know about it the price is fixed :D

What a price though :shock: I think I will take two :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its the same price as the Pali Chewie :?:

While I was looking at his other items I found this and I like it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karen-Millen-Over-the-Knee-Boots-7-UK-40-EUR-/181152189613?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item2a2d830cad

I think its Walrus Mans missus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Just noticed those listings. I know they're graded but that's way to high. Maybe they'll take an offer of 4-5K each for them?

Any other thoughts on value?

Lee77

Sith Lord
It's prices like this that make me think twice about completing my 12 back run.
I know it's an afa85 but they both seem ridiculously overpriced.
I knocked back an afa 80 Luke that was less than a third of his price. Seems like a bargain now!
I guess there only worth what someone's willing to pay, and I'd only be willing to pay less than half what he wants. A lot less than half.........

monkeyboy

Padawan
A couple of mouthwatering pieces but could possibly reach that price considering the crazy prices those kenner afa 90's are going for in the states.
There are some rumours that these top end pieces are being bought up as 'investments' but as we know cardboard deteriorates, bubbles lose their clarity and glue slowly releases its hold so I see this about the same as investing in an apple, looks good now but in the future it may not be as green and shiny.
As I've said before, alot of people new to the hobby seem to say ' I had the original 12 so I'm gonna start by getting them all again' which is a bit like passing your test and saying 'right, now I want a ferrari' well it's gonna cost you the same as one.
So I'm sticking to my focus of ESB moc's only, with a strict budget of 80 quid or less... only 34 pieces to go, anyone got a moc Fett for under 80 quid? :)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
The way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if he gets around 6K for each of them! My Chewy went for 5.6K as part of nearly the whole set I sold and it was ungraded! However the buyer got it AFA graded and it got the triple 85 so was a beauty!! I kept back the Luke which would prob grade triple 85 too :D

monkeyboy

Padawan
jedi_masters said:
Im sure I've seen that ebay name before. It rings a bell!!!

In my experience he's a v good seller, I bought 2 MOC's off him, they were immaculate.
I don't know where he finds them but he often comes up with some top pieces.

Lee77

Sith Lord
monkeyboy said:
jedi_masters said:
Im sure I've seen that ebay name before. It rings a bell!!!

In my experience he's a v good seller, I bought 2 MOC's off him, they were immaculate.
I don't know where he finds them but he often comes up with some top pieces.

Seconded. He's a great seller. I've had a few nice bits from him before.

He's just got a little bit carried away with his bin prices!

andy x-wing pilot

Jedi Knight
Ive purchased about 4 nice afa pieces from him before and have been really impressed with what ive got. Good packaging aswell.
Both items are very very nice but is the luke really worth more than 3.5k?
Andy

Palifan

Sith Lord
My guess is it is worth more than 3.5K as it looks like it's sold! Maybe it went to the person who bought the graded lot of Palitoy 12 backs that went up for sale recently. If it was the same person they may have even snagged the large head Han and VC Jawa so we could have another full set complete out there........or maybe not :lol: Still, it looks like these are good through the roof with the prices at the moment and maybe I should have picked up the set of 11 12 backs I was offered recently for 10K. You live and learn!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
Nope, didn't sell, back on the bay again! :oops:

Is it?

Not on sellers items for sale it isn't :?

I have just double checked on ebay. The one for sale on ebay is a DIFFERENT LUKE PALITOY subs are C80 B85 F85 overall 85
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-PALITOY-LUKE-SKYWALKER-12-BACK-AFA-85-/261231042433?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item3cd2955f81

The previous Luke Palitoy had straight subs all at 85.

Two different Luke Palitoy's so the original one could well have sold. Can't believe two coming up in the same week.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I didn't notice it was different and the new one listed has also now gone! Maybe another 2 complete runs of 12 backs out there?

Crazy that 2 came up in the same week though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom