Collection update

lejackal

Grand Master
A985405D-41CA-4613-A81B-70C69E4EC3E6.jpeg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great display Carl and I'm surprised at how clear your Alien dome is as these tend to discolour more. Saying that though I know there are some differences depending on where they were made so you might even have a Canadian one.

Great setup though :)

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
Great display Carl and I'm surprised at how clear your Alien dome is as these tend to discolour more. Saying that though I know there are some differences depending on where they were made so you might even have a Canadian one.

Great setup though :)

Ian
Thanks Ian. Here are some pics of the spikes. The top one looks like a different plastic but does have age 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• B62EB485-0FA2-48BC-B1BB-4A8D898C9A64.jpeg
    B62EB485-0FA2-48BC-B1BB-4A8D898C9A64.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 47
  • C0745B67-355B-4F11-A498-DD112F23E085.jpeg
    C0745B67-355B-4F11-A498-DD112F23E085.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DEA3CE5B-DF09-44F7-921D-47813D621777.jpeg
    DEA3CE5B-DF09-44F7-921D-47813D621777.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 549744A0-E5E8-4677-B3FC-D1CEA61819FB.jpeg
    549744A0-E5E8-4677-B3FC-D1CEA61819FB.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 46

Palifan

Sith Lord
Looking over your pictures I would say that the back spike is a reproduction due to the shape and number of the small spikes sticking up from the top and bottom of it. There should be 7 small spikes coming up from the top of it and yours looks to have 5 although there maybe one at the end that's snapped off? Regardless of that they don't look long enough and I did think that it might have come from with the Tsukuda or Halcyon Jumbo kits but those are taken from the vintage Kenner version but are slightly smaller (probably due to shrinkage at the moulding stage). It's also off that the underside of it is more black in colour so I wonder if the top was weathered to match the rest of the figure.

I can see though that it is the Canadian version as there's no Coo stamp on the jaw trigger like there is on the US version and the colour of the clear top dome is more honey than smoked gray like the US version. This done does appear to be quite wide at the sides unlike my version but I know these things do change shape over time and no two ones are the same any more. Also, the general colour of your figure is lighter than mine, which is another tell that it's Canadian.

I bought an amazing book recently on this figure called Hideous Plastic which is where all this information comes from and I'm glad i picked it up even though it was quite expensive as it is only available on the Australian Ebay so the shipping stings a bit.

Hope that's of some help and it would be nice to see some more of it when you get the chance.

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
Looking over your pictures I would say that the back spike is a reproduction due to the shape and number of the small spikes sticking up from the top and bottom of it. There should be 7 small spikes coming up from the top of it and yours looks to have 5 although there maybe one at the end that's snapped off? Regardless of that they don't look long enough and I did think that it might have come from with the Tsukuda or Halcyon Jumbo kits but those are taken from the vintage Kenner version but are slightly smaller (probably due to shrinkage at the moulding stage). It's also off that the underside of it is more black in colour so I wonder if the top was weathered to match the rest of the figure.

I can see though that it is the Canadian version as there's no Coo stamp on the jaw trigger like there is on the US version and the colour of the clear top dome is more honey than smoked gray like the US version. This done does appear to be quite wide at the sides unlike my version but I know these things do change shape over time and no two ones are the same any more. Also, the general colour of your figure is lighter than mine, which is another tell that it's Canadian.

I bought an amazing book recently on this figure called Hideous Plastic which is where all this information comes from and I'm glad i picked it up even though it was quite expensive as it is only available on the Australian Ebay so the shipping stings a bit.

Hope that's of some help and it would be nice to see some more of it when you get the chance.

Ian
That looks a good book, and postage costs aside, excellent value compared to every new Star Wars book at over 50 quid

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's a great read with loads of info and great pictures and I'm certainly glad I picked one up. I've also contacted the author a few times as well and he comes across as a really nice chap who's very helpful if you ever have any questions.

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Love it Carl! Fantastic mix of stuff- so much to spot! The Hoth shelf is great and you've got to love the Alien 😎

Last edited:

lejackal

Grand Master
Love it Carl! Fantastic mix of stuff- so much to spot! The Hoth shelf is great and you've got to love the Alien 😎
Cheers Andy, I've just added another couple of Hoth bits. Could do with a snowspeeder really but not sure I've got the space with the big fellow in there.
6CDF27EC-47A3-428D-A32C-0EB2F6E5BF3A.jpeg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Love an eclectic display, it shows the individual collecting ethos, what you as an individual want to display for you as opposed to the " expected" display of a run of a specific area of the hobby. keeping your collection for you and what floats your boat is what it's all about, not to conform to what is expected !
the whole point of collecting is for what makes you smile and what you want for you.
love seeing your transitional display. Some super items

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes great display, the AT-AT set up is so iconic. I love it how their is stuff you have that is important to your past that I have never even seen before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom