Clash of the Titans

plantman

Sith Lord
Well i went to see this with high hopes...

i was a bit dissapointed, the perseus actor was awful and didnt come across as a greek god at all. The whole thing felt futureistic rather than mystical and ancient.

If your not a massive fan of the original then this is a good film, it just spoilt it for me, but apart from that its perfectly watchable.

3D part was ok, nothing special.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Went to see it on Friday. It's alright. If you haven't seen the original you will prob like it, I can see kids loving it. But I didn't think it was a patch on the original, bar the special effects and that's pretty much a given.

The 3D was BLATANTLY just tagged on in light of the success of Avatar. It was a token effort at best.

plantman

Sith Lord
Gary, didnt you think that perseus actor was truely awful, no facial expressions other than "im having a shite" and they made it futureistic and not reallt ancient.

And to get rid of bubo the owl and change pegasus to black was crap.

sith-smith

Grand Master
i think there was so much else i was concentrating on that i didn't notice the acting.

Didn't like the new scorpion plot

the new medusa scene wasn't as good

as well as the horse and owl stuff you mentioned.

Calibos was changed too

plantman

Sith Lord
Calibos didnt even look hybrid horse like, he just like a troll out of lord of the rings, and all the ninja flips and kicks they were doing was awful.

Perseus had a poweranger sword, medusa lived in some sort of volcano and the scorpions were ridiculous.

just a few minor imperfections....oh and that funny dead guy who helped them??? what was that about.

There was also a similarity to frodo and bilbo with those two hunter guys who were there on the scorpion at the end.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
plantman said:
oh and that funny dead guy who helped them??? what was that about.

The "Gin" wasn't it?
I guess the name gives away where the inspiration for them came from :roll:

jedi_rebel

Padawan
Saw this movie last night in 3D, was disappointed as I didn't like the changes to the story line and the 3D looks as though it was added as an after thought so wasn't as impressive as other 3D movies (e.g. Avatar).

It could have been so much better. :evil:

dark lord

Padawan
:lol: The actor who played Perseus was the main part in Avatar so if you think hes not very good then you must just love avatar, oh and terminator 4 hes the cyborg that replaced Arnold. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom