Chewie's Euro (PBP?) & Mexican (Glasslite) Cousins? - Unpainted Satchels (Smuggler Style!)

scottie_boy

Padawan
Having made use of Dublinjeff's great COO reference guide, I just want to confirm what I have in the attached images, and get an indication of a fair price for them to go to another Forum Member (In the comparison images, Euro figure is on the left & Glasslite on the right).

I read that Unpainted Satchel Chewie did appear on Euro & US cards as well as Glasslite, but thought this was only the later modified mold LFL?

The Chewie in the middle I think is the earlier copyright mold with the lettering that is almost missing, which I understood to be the Euro figure?

So the questions are, PBP/Euro Chewie (Y/N), Unpainted Satchel non LFL mold (Y/N) or could standard figure paint simply have been removed, and a fair price?

Cheers

David (scottie_boy)

(And what's the deal with the circle on his foot?)

Attachments

• Glasslite Chewbacca Unpainted Satchel.jpg
    Glasslite Chewbacca Unpainted Satchel.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 203
  • PBP Chewbacca Unpainted Satchel.jpg
    PBP Chewbacca Unpainted Satchel.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Combined Chewbacca Unpainted Satchel.jpg
    Combined Chewbacca Unpainted Satchel.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 202

walkie

Sith Lord
You can find several Chewbacca with unpainted satchels, I've always put them down as factory errors (besides Top Toys & Glasslite).

There was a recent auction for one here which was a COO# II...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Kenner-Star-Wars-Figure-RARE-Factory-Paint-Error-Chewbacca-1977-Coo-HK-/371336042884?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=qG6guYRWy9OeT53XRgiyTAK7Lzk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The figure you have with the scarred COO and circle underneath the foot is a Euro/PBP figure which with a painted satchel would be very common. Unpainted wise I've use the link about for reference.

As for the Glasslite even without a weapon these are fetching £35-£50 in this condition.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom