Capello

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
In true Laurel and Hardy style........that's another fine mess the English FA have got themselves into!

It genuinely beggars belief how ****ing stupid they are!

They strip John Terry of the captaincy WITHOUT even bothering to mention to the manager that they were gonna do it, and then leave him to find out second hand! FFS, if any of us rocked up to work one day to find someone in our team or who we were responsible for had been sacked without us even being consulted/informed, we'd be a wee tad pissed! Capello has every right to rock up to the FA and ask WTF they were playing at! At best they are undermining his position and not exactly showing him much respect, at worst I'd say he has a case for constructive dismissal.

Now, I've no real opinion either way on should Terry lose the captaincy. I think he's a dick, but then so are most footballers, and I can understand why they dnt want him captaining the team in a major tournament, but when the alternatives are a granny shagger, a bloke who skives drug tests, and a guy who beats up people in nightclubs, or Rooney, Rio and Gerrard........

And now my REAL bug-bear. Can some one, ANYONE, explain to me your media's ****ing stupid obsession with the xenophobic "Duuuuhhhh u need a English man ta manage Engerland cos only a Engerlish man will like understand de English way innit!"
Seriously, where does this BS come from!?
Granted Capello didn't exactly cover himself in glory at the last WC, but was England's performance entirely his fault? Was there not a degree of blame attached to over pampered players, a stupidly long season, a lack of tactical know how among England's players, media-overhype, could it possibly be that, whisper it quietly, England actually aren't as good as they think they are!?
Could it have been blind bad luck!?

Capello's record in qualifying was pretty good. He was in charge for two qualifying campaigns and you made it to both tournaments. Erikson was in charge for three and you made it to all three. As I see it the huge crime that both committed was to not be English!
Crime of the century, Capello's English is still **** after 4/5/6 years in charge of the national team! Big ****ing deal! Anyone ever seen Jamie Carragher interviewed!? Ever heard Wayne Rooney use a word with 3 syllables? I rest my case on that one!

Now, only an English manager understands the English way!? REALLY? So Steve McClaren then…….
Kevin Keegan had great success at euro 2000, I remember England, with an English manager who understood the "English way," playing some really good football and just missing out on winning it. Ohh not wait, raped in the group stages!
Maybe that's a bit unfair, Hoddle did ok when he was in charge, but again no better than ¼ finals. I'm discounting "El Tel" cos he only had one competition and it was played at home, home advantage is a huge bonus for international tournaments, just look at South Korea when they hosted the W/C.

Ohh and if anyone is still unconvinced that the "only an English manager understands the English players/game" argument is BS, can I point you in the direction of the Premier League, where the success of ENGLISH managers of the last 20 years has been over whelming! The most successful English sides of that time have pretty much ALL been managed by, shock horror, NON ENGLISHMEN!
Fergy at United, Wenger at Arsenal, Mourninho/Hiddink/Grant at Chelsea, Rafa/Houllier (UEFA cup winner, back when the UEFA cup wasn't a waste of time) Liverpool, O'leary at Leeds. The only English men to have done OK are Bobby Robson at Newcastle (RIP Bobby), and he had been hounded out of the England job before Italia 90 even started, and the media's new darling Harry "the money was only resting in my account" Redknapp at Spurs. Even Harry's time at Spurs sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of his career, and has benefited from some big spending (no guarantee of success granted).

Once again the media have hounded out a decent manager and will get him replaced by their latest (English) Darling and then be surprised when it all goes horribly wrong.

Nice one England!

geordie

Padawan
due to recent events an italian deserting a sinking ship does not come as too much of a suprise :D

however no matter who takes over....redknapp...keegan....ferguson :eek: the end result will be the same, england are shite , too many pretty boys on more than a years wages every week. why would they put the effort in?????

the only thing that makes "our" league the so called best in the world are the foreign players

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Enegerland are **** because they are too in bed with the team sponsors. I think it has been fairly clear for awhile that unless Fat Frank, The Granny Shagger, Leslie, Stevie G, Cheryls ex-hubby and Mr John Terry of Oxshott, Surrey are in wheelchairs, Fabio is under huge pressure to pick all of them.

The fact that they all had featured in massive ad campaigns from the Nationwide and Marks & Sparks during the last World Cup has nothing to do with it. I think you only have to look at the moronic decision not to drop The Granny Shagger to back that arguement up. Mind you it will probably be worse with Happy Harry in charge

PGowdy

Grand Master
weasel said:
geordie said:
due to recent events an italian deserting a sinking ship does not come as too much of a suprise :D

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice.

Yes, the FA are ****ing idiots. Totally on Capello's side here. Shows how clueless they are when they said in the interview "We were very shocked that he resigned" er, no one else was!!

plantman

Sith Lord
I havnt watched England since the shower of **** in the World Cup, its about time we got a manager that can speak fluent english and kick the wasters out of the squad.

I'd rather take a team of youngsters top the Euros and blood them to see who will stand the test, rather than rely on the usual and be disspointed again

Harry or Jose i say.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Who does anyone else fancy for the job?

Harry is a shoe in, but assuming the FA let us pick, who would you go for?

Jose would be a good choice, but would he be stupid enough to do it? Plus he's with Real till the summer so there is the issue of when exactly does he take over?

Stuart Pearce, has been Capello's fluffer for a few years. Mind you handing over to your assistant didn't work when Sven left.

How about Rafa?! He has a track record of getting shite teams to do well in knock out competitions, surely that pretty much qualifies him for the England job!? He speaks the language, knows the players, lives here....Ok the press don't like him, he's not English (groan), and his style of play isn't exactly exciting, but if he gets Engerland to a Euro Semi final spot..........

plantman

Sith Lord
Id be ok with Benitez but what have we done for the last 20 years...****all, i think its time to test another english manager who has a temper.

the euros doesnt mean much now with a step in manager we can actually take a young squad, but we need a manager who can bollock players, not sit quietly and think tactics

geordie

Padawan
mike bassett
dave bassett
or their cousin bertie

it wont make a hap'eth of difference who takes over, leave pearce in charge for me

spoons

Grand Master
geordie said:
mike bassett
dave bassett
or their cousin bertie

it wont make a hap'eth of difference who takes over, leave pearce in charge for me

Wise words indeed

I'm amazed by all the redknapp love, his only experience in Europe was disastrous and he's never won anything

I'd say Jose would be the best choice

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
spoons said:
geordie said:
mike bassett
dave bassett
or their cousin bertie

Wise words indeed

I'm amazed by all the redknapp love, his only experience in Europe was disastrous and he's never won anything

Disatrous Andy? :? Just look at the games against both the Milan Clubs? Spurs season in Europe was ****ing awesome tbh :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
spoons said:
geordie said:
mike bassett
dave bassett
or their cousin bertie

Wise words indeed

Disatrous Andy? :? Just look at the games against both the Milan Clubs? Spurs season in Europe was ****ing awesome tbh :wink:

5-0 on aggregate to real would suggest a certain tactical naivity :D

PGowdy

Grand Master
It would suggest Real are WAY better than us and worth about 5 times as much. Our first stint in the champions league was nothing short of a triumph. We finished top of a group that people were calling the group of death and got knocked out in the QFs! to one of the best teams in the world. And that was LAST season when we weren't quite the team we are now. Compared to Man City (particularly) and Man Utd's performances this year (with teams worth twice and 4 times more than Spurs!) spurs getting to the QF at their very first attempt doesn't seem like a disaster to me. On top of that we broke a record in becoming The first team to score two or more goals in every UEFA Champions League group game (2010-11). Incidentally scoring the most goals of ANY team in the group stage (18!).
I don't think Redknapp should be the england manager either i don't think he has that kind of experience. But to call Spurs first stint in the champions league disastrous is just wildly inaccurate.

spoons

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
It would suggest Real are WAY better than us and worth about 5 times as much. Our first stint in the champions league was nothing short of a triumph. We finished top of a group that people were calling the group of death and got knocked out in the QFs! to one of the best teams in the world. And that was LAST season when we weren't quite the team we are now. Compared to Man City (particularly) and Man Utd's performances this year (with teams worth twice and 4 times more than Spurs!) spurs getting to the QF at their very first attempt doesn't seem like a disaster to me. On top of that we broke a record in becoming The first team to score two or more goals in every UEFA Champions League group game (2010-11). Incidentally scoring the most goals of ANY team in the group stage (18!).
I don't think Redknapp should be the england manager either i don't think he has that kind of experience. But to call Spurs first stint in the champions league disastrous is just wildly inaccurate.

Steady on Pete :lol:

And some might say that with the net spending at spurs, real shouldn't be WAY better. Some might call that group the group of death, but in reality spurs finished above some fading Italians :wink:

Disastrous :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Shock............. Arsenal fan slags off Spurs...............Spurs fan doesn't like it!

Can we just agree to disagree on that, and all agree that Liverpool are much better than BOTH London teams!? :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom