C3PO/R2D2 variations question...

01AB

Jedi Knight
Pretty close to completing my run of loose figures (avoiding variations for now such as blonde/brown hair Luke farmboys, blue/purple smock Ugnaughts etc) but want advice on the following please...

Does a full set in your oppinions include both the solid limb and removeable limb C3PO as these came out at different times?

Also, does a full set include solid top, periscope and popup saber R2D2s or has one superseeded the others as the 'definite' example?

I'll still be getting my Blue Snag soon as I feel this is a given in any full/loose set.

Probably get them all anyway but just wanted feedback if possible.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
01AB said:
Pretty close to completing my run of loose figures (avoiding variations for now such as blonde/brown hair Luke farmboys, blue/purple smock Ugnaughts etc) but want advice on the following please...

Does a full set in your oppinions include both the solid limb and removeable limb C3PO as these came out at different times?

Yes, they are quite different in terms of colour and construction and were issued on very different cardbacks at different times.

Also, does a full set include solid top, periscope and popup saber R2D2s or has one superseeded the others as the 'definite' example?

I would say all three as each originated from a different film release.

I'll still be getting my Blue Snag soon as I feel this is a given in any full/loose set.

Probably get them all anyway but just wanted feedback if possible.

If you were getting a debut carded set together you would certainly need one of each of the R2's and 3PO's excluding the Droids and foreign versions.

Joe

Grand Master
I agree with the above!

But that yellow font burns my eyes! I had to highlight it all to read it !

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Yeah the forum looks much better with that skin i have been using it for ages.

Essentially the C3P0 and R2-D2 are sperately issued figures to me and not considered variations so on that basis they would be needed to call the collection complete.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
get em both

as for forum lay out i bet there is only a handful of us now who remembers the old style with the coins :cry:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
whos still here from 1 st site
me
you
bollox
sith
craig
jay
edd (of course )

then there was wozza
2 foot
mash
boba frett inziman
who seem to have disappeared

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Was Spoons not about in those days?

There's a few other but they are (may well always have been) pretty random in their visits.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Rudyard said:
I was there, at least for the last few months before it collapsed or whatever! More as a lurker though admittedly.....

You were one of the people I was thinking of! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom