Brief Introduction

roguesphinx

Youngling
Hi
My Name is Tony and I recently joined the forum. I have been browsing a few of the different boards and thought it was time to take the plunge and introduce myself. Like you all I am a big SW fan and have had years of pleasure engaging with various different aspects of the SW universe with my son. In terms of collecting, I have focused on collecting comics while my son and I have also been collecting action figures, mainly POTF and later. Now we would like to get into collecting original vintage figures, probably loose ones to begin with, but would not discount carded or graded figures. I guess our starting point would be simply figures and characters that we like the look of or have some attachment to from the films. I suppose eventually it would be nice to work towards putting together a complete collection, but I don't know if that is realistic or or not. I think I might be starting to ramble. Bit now, so better stop here. One last thing I saw a couple of figures that looked interesting but I don't seem able to pm. Can anyone advise on how to get around this? Looking forward to joining you all.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Tony, welcome! You should be able to PM after making a couple of posts.

x-pack

Grand Master
Welcome Tony. Welcome to the best vintage Star Wars collecting forum there is! :)

If you have a collection post up some photos in the showcase section. SWFUK is probably one of the safest places to buy vintage. All good guys on here. 8)

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome to the forum Tony ,

Starting with the loose is the best choice , and you could easily complete a full collection, however be careful you don't get the SW buying bud , you will be skint :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome to SWFUK, Tony. As has already been said, a better SW forum you won't find.

If you want to immerse yourself in all things vintage then I can't recommend the podcast enough. Search for "Vintage Rebellion" on the podcast app thing (well technical) or see here:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26189&hilit=podcast+vintage+rebellion

Simon

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Welcome Tony! Joining the forum was the best thing I ever did in terms of collecting. All the people I have bought off from here have been friendly and have sold me nice condition loose complete figures. Also seems to be the one few places where repoduction accessories arent tolerated! In two years I am not too far off a complete loose set, so hope you enjoy the forum and start a kick ass collection off

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Welcome Tony.

Collecting items that take your fancy is definitely the best way to start your collection. If you dive straight into big ticket items it's often a minefield so until you know what you're doing I'd take the cautious approach and if you need any help ask on here where there are loads of helpful people.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Welcome Tony. Hope you enjoy the forum and if you have any questions just ask the guys here are brilliant!! :D

roguesphinx

Youngling
Wow! I wasn't expecting such a warm and encouraging welcome. Thanks guys I appreciate it. It was also great to hear your various comments and advice and really good to know that a complete collection of loose vintage figures is a realistic and manageable goal (over time). I've set myself a monthly budget to start with and will probably try to focus on the 12 and 20 back loose figures to begin with as well as the characters we like from the films. Will keep you updated.

itfciain

Grand Master
Welcome aboard - I know a man who always has a few nice loose figures available :wink:

mumbo

Sith Lord
Hello to you Tony.

A loose collection should be attainable and there are plenty of threads in the for sale section to help you along the way. Ebay is awash with dodgy sellers and reproduction accessories so best to avoid and stick to buying on here :)

Good luck and look forward to seeing your collection grow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom