BP Fair Sandown Park

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Dark Sith Lord said:
There is a pic of his stall here from Mem in Nov 2011

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10738&start=75

Well it will never change in my eyes... He is a walking museum... Obviously doesn't turnover his stock as he still has pieces from his childhood and wants probably around 30% more than what they are worth... Harsh, but fair I think.

I have been to the last 4 or 5 and to be honest, the last 3 have been a waste of time, I think purely because the price of the stalls and travel, plus expenses the prices are far too high. I saw a Romba with punched hole, edgewear and a yellow bubble for £80, now I have a graded AFA85 one in my sale thread for around that price... HINT HINT!!

I've only really paid the going rate for carded figures, but at least you get to see what your buying,other than about 2 years ago when I picked up a delicious MISB ROTJ AT-ST, which I ended up selling as I was offered silly money for it!

The great thing about this one just gone was to put a few faces to usernames. All top blokes, who really know their stuff and for someone like myself who is still finding his feet, priceless contacts and hopefully friends!!

I am thinking maybe for the next one we should have a SWFUK meet up, we could put a lot of faces to usernames that way and maybe sink a few pints in beautiful Esher, there are some really nice places to go on Esher Green.

I'm quite happy to set this all up, maybe use this topic thread??

Any takers??

I am hoping to see a few more people as I think it will be a great idea to get to know people personally, as I said before met some really top guys Saturday so for me the tenner entrance was well worth it, even though I didn't manage to buy anything!

Cheers,

Bram

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes mate- id happily put the effort in.

Im really addicted to having a laugh :)

When or where is the next one?

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Yes mate- id happily put the effort in.

Im really addicted to having a laugh :)

When or where is the next one?

Next one at Sandown is Saturday 15th September... Long way off but gives time for people organise.

That might be one hell of a show and tell?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee77

Sith Lord
Hey Bram, good to meet you the other day mate. Gutted I missed the show and tell and left early but count me in for the next one! I'm not bringing the lad next time though, I ended up trawling round looking at modern stuff with him!
There's one of those memorabilia shows too. I think it's at excel in October but I need to check.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Lee77 said:
Hey Bram, good to meet you the other day mate. Gutted I missed the show and tell and left early but count me in for the next one! I'm not bringing the lad next time though, I ended up trawling round looking at modern stuff with him!
There's one of those memorabilia shows too. I think it's at excel in October but I need to check.

Good to meet you to mate... Stick the dates for Excel on here buddy.

:wink:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Ill try and get along. I usually attend Sandown. Would be good to meet up. A few of us met up last time and it was good.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yea I saw the pics, looks like you had a good time. It's on the calendar now and I'm actually on annual leave that week so will def be free. What's it cost to get in and do you buy tickets in advance or On the door?

Jez

Sith Lord
Just checked out this thread. Thats a great photo on page 1, i know we have the show yourselves page, but that wa really cool to see you all together.
I'm just about to google it, but i reckon i speak for many when i say...

... where the f##k is sandown??

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Sandown Racecourse is in Esher in Surrey just off the A3. It is a Barry Potter fair and has been running for years. I tend to go in on the early bird entry which is £10. I think standard ticket price is about a fiver.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Bramistuta25 said:
Dark Sith Lord said:
I wuld be up for a SWFUK meetup too! the Sandown Fair is a bit far but I will see what I can do 8)

It doesn't need to be Sandown, we could always meet up somewhere in the middle of everyone. Not a problem!

Maybe have a day out somewhere??

:D

I'm more than happy to host a meet up at the shop, we do that several times a year for Transformers collectors and GI-Joe/ Action Force collectors :)

Sunday's usually the best, but would be happy to pull out a few bits that rarely see the light of day for folks to see :)

David Tree

Jedi Master
I'm sure it can be arranged, the only drawback for most is we're south, between Southampton and Bournemouth, but Ed and Dom live down the road and Gary has family here, so shouldn't be too hard to convince him too :)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hell yea from me too, sounds like a great plan. Doesn't sound too far for me but I'd make the trip just to meet up with some of you guys. Let's get it organised!!! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom