Beverly Hills Cop 4 ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Today I heard they will make a Beverly Hills Cop 4. What do you think about that ? :D

Is it to late or is fine with you ? :?

poncho

Grand Master
Hollywood running out of ideas as usual rehashing/rebooting old franchises again......

there needs to be original new content coming through....

Dont get me started on lets make a comic book film :roll:

Ian_C

Jedi Master
The original is an absolute classic, and probably my fave "cop buddy" movie ever made.

The two sequels were far inferior, but still worth a watch.

Unfortunately, Eddie Murphy just isn't very funny anymore, and geriatric Axel Foley doesn't sound very good. The character is too iconic to be played by anyone else either. Chris Rock would probably be the only choice that might work, and I'm not overly interested in that idea either. And no reboots! Ghostbusters is going to be bad enough.....

So, I vote no. Let the franchise continue as a simple trilogy.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ian_C said:
The original is an absolute classic, and probably my fave "cop buddy" movie ever made.

The two sequels were far inferior, but still worth a watch.

Unfortunately, Eddie Murphy just isn't very funny anymore, and geriatric Axel Foley doesn't sound very good. The character is too iconic to be played by anyone else either. Chris Rock would probably be the only choice that might work, and I'm not overly interested in that idea either. And no reboots! Ghostbusters is going to be bad enough.....

So, I vote no. Let the franchise continue as a simple trilogy.

Ian

I think Eddie Murphy will play Axel Foley again in the new movie, that is what I have heard. Some also say they are trying to get Judge Reinhold and John Ashton back. I think maybe Judge Reinhold but I don't think we will see John Ashton again :?

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
why cant they just leave the classics alone :(
deffo a no for me, i will just put it with die hard 4 and indy 4 theres another 2 that should never have been done :(

i also heard they are starting to film new carry on films

sith-smith

Grand Master
Jediknight3263827 said:
deffo a no for me, i will just put it with die hard 4 and indy 4 theres another 2 that should never have been done :(

The Carry on Films were very much something of their time Late 50's to 80's. Virtually all the people that made those films Iconic are dead and have been for some time. They worked with those people in that time. Better left alone!

I can't even begin to imagine what a new BHC film would be like, even with Eddie Murphy. I'm sure I read somewhere they were going to do a Lethal Weapon 5 too!!

Perhaps they'd go the Ghostbusters way and have an all female lead reboot!?

x-pack

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
Jediknight3263827 said:

The Carry on Films were very much something of their time Late 50's to 80's. Virtually all the people that made those films Iconic are dead and have been for some time. They worked with those people in that time. Better left alone!

I can't even begin to imagine what a new BHC film would be like, even with Eddie Murphy. I'm sure I read somewhere they were going to do a Lethal Weapon 5 too!!

****ing Ghostbusters! :evil: I follow the FB page just to troll it, which frankly, they deserve. I advise everyone to do the same. Express your disgust.

BHC4. Meh! The first was a classic. The second wasn't bad. But it's not like remaking Back to the Future or Ghostbusters (****ing Ghostbusters 3! :twisted: ). Like with Die Hard, Terminator and Indiana Jones remakes have kept on happening at fairly regular(ish) intervals. It's no real surprise that a new BHC movie would come out. If it's wank I don't think people will be all that upset by it, unlike Ghostbusters ****ing 3! :x

Pomse2001

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
Jediknight3263827 said:

I hope NOT we will see an all female lethal weapon 5 or a beverly hills cop 4 :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Beverly Hills Cop 4 would be awesome. DIsney could buy the rights. The plot could be the same as Beverly Hills Cop 3 replacing Wonder World with Disney Orlando. Hold the alligators.

I'll get my coat...

:eek:

Jason

stormcab

Sith Lord
poncho said:
Indy 4 was a good adventure yarn. It helds its own. :)

EH? was utter tripe, terrible acting, and beyond awful special effects. One other thing that was misjudged was Neil Flynn (the janitor from Scrubs) having a part. I couldn't take it seriously after seeing him :D

stormcab

Sith Lord
I don't see the point of reboots/making a sequel to something like this 30/40 years later. Who are they targeting? All the men, and it will be men, who watched it originally will be in their 40s/60s now. So how will that be a massive market to target? The yut (My Cousin Vinny :D ) will probably not have heard of it.

Much of the content/subject matter in the original would be seriously frowned upon nowadays, and Eddie Murphy could get away with stuff back then no actor/comedian could do today.

I personally believe the "fun" has been lost from films like the original because of our politically correct culture now. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing that society is becoming more racially/sexual-orientation aware, but, well, you know :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's all about the money, if there's a buck in it they will do it ( as long as they don't do an Uncle Buck 2 obviously with a different actor...Uncle Buck was awesone 8)

It's the same with the music scene, all the 80 s bands re releasing.

In regard. To the films, some people are for it some against, my advice is if your against, just watch the originals again and ignore the new ones, everyone's happy :wink:

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
stormcab said:
I don't see the point of reboots/making a sequel to something like this 30/40 years later. Who are they targeting? All the men, and it will be men, who watched it originally will be in their 40s/60s now. So how will that be a massive market to target? The yut (My Cousin Vinny :D ) will probably not have heard of it.

Much of the content/subject matter in the original would be seriously frowned upon nowadays, and Eddie Murphy could get away with stuff back then no actor/comedian could do today.

I personally believe the "fun" has been lost from films like the original because of our politically correct culture now. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing that society is becoming more racially/sexual-orientation aware, but, well, you know :D
hahaha the yut :lol: i love my cousin vinny top film :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom