Battlefront II - Looks amazeballs - who's in?

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Nobody talking about BFII? Or have I missed it?

Thought it would peak some interest what with the campaign being confirmed as canon - set between Ep 6 from the fall of the empire through to the rise of the Last Order and Ep 7.

Will be interesting to watch the story of the rise of the Last Order.

And looks like they've learned a lot from the first pile of pap.

Campaign (from empire perspective).
Classes are back.
No season pass.
Space battles.
All eras.
Split-screen.
Tauntauns!

Looks a bit tasty - though I wasn't a fan of the first, mainly cos all the above were missing.

Thoughts?

x-pack

Grand Master
Wouldn't go so far as to say I hated the last game but I hardly played it. Our young lad got way more use out of that one.

I just couldn't see the point. Beyond the amazing graphics and soundtrack it played a bit like cod with added repetitiveness and trudging up and down the stunning looking map.

For me to buy another Battlefront reviews would have to be far better than the last effort.

apack7229

Sith Lord
I love how EA said that people didn't want any campaigns in games any more but here they are making it with a campaign. :roll:

x-pack

Grand Master
They ****ed up there. Battlefront had some tantalising cut scenes, a kind of 'what could have been' if they put a campaign mode in there. But no!

I remember the old Playstation games that went by the same title but had virtually nothing to do with the latest effort. More like those please.

The89thchris

Padawan
It seems closer to the battlefront 2 (2005) which was a fine piece of work.

It will be nice to have the prequel era vehicles and units again, great designs if nothing else. Could take of leave the 'first order' stuff. :lol:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oh just goddam wow! That Naboo sequence was incredible. Brilliant, can't wait. Had written off the need for an X-Box X or PS4 Pro but this is almost demanding it to give the 4K graphics a work out....

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The graphics look incredible, but shame they couldn't have based it on a proper Star Wars film :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I liked the original battlefront games and had hope for dice's battlefront while i liked walker assualt the game as a whole got very repetative afrer about a fortnight. I will get bf2 on pc if anyone here is my origin id is Sgt_stubbs.

Fingers crossed for a good single player and a bit more in multiplayer mode.

Gorneesh

Jedi Knight
I loved the first one, and this second one looks amazing but I won't be dropping £55 on it. I will wait till after Christmas when its either second hand or come down in price.

ED_P

Youngling
Has anyone seen the new Battlefront 2 single player trailer? Look's interesting but was expecting the campaign length to be longer than the 5-8 hours mentioned in reviews.

subzero

Sith Lord
Well that sucks balls lol, a possible 5 hour campaign?, you can count me out then, i'm not going to bother with this one as I was only interested in the single player, I played the first one online for 6 months straight and all it ever did was make me angry so I quit the game. :lol:

I'm more of a stealth and infiltrate guy, but guess what happens when you're trying to be stealthy in BF?, a ****ing partner pops up next to you every single time and follows you like a clumsy 5 year old and gives you away then gets you killed. :evil: :evil:

If that feature is in BF2 I won't ever be buying it!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Gonna take the plunge......

I cant not play this. It looks too good.

Cant believe it was 20 years ago I was buying a N64 with SOTE.

Lets see how far they come along.....

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I would buy it if i had friends to play with none of my mates will buy as they thought battlefront was shite. Also i am PC only.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom