Baggies??

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Sorry for the dumbness but can anyone explain to this newbie what a Baggie figure is?! I'm guessing it's a sealed figure in a bag but how/why were they sold this way? How many can you get still sealed and also surely the prices would be sky high as they are never before opened mint brand new figures? Or are they resealed?! I'm confused lol

lejackal

Grand Master
Iain has some for sale for £14 in the FS section, they go from about that price up up to hundreds for really rare figure/baggie type combinations.
They are factory sealed and were sold in with vehicles, playsets, as mail away freebies, from catalogues and bundled together in shops.
Go to the reference section and search the extensive guide there.
And remember, it's not about the cash value, it's what the stuff means to you.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
I've just messages him thanks. I don't mind paying different amounts just didn't know why they were in bags and if they were reseals. If anyone reading this is selling a new hope baggies please let me know!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
They are my main collecting focus, if you click the link in my signature at the bottom of this post it will take you to a guide in the reference section here, which should explain them clearly for you ;) a great way to collect IMO, but hey I am biased :lol: there is now also a dedicated group on facebook for baggies & baggie related items which you may want to have a look at if you are thinking about focusing on them & I am always available to answer questions if you need any help

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Thanks I think I'm gonna go for a Baggie collection. Just sent a few pms out for some. And if you have any or know anyone for sale please let me know also cheers. Mainly looking for a new hope figures first then will go through the other films but realise you won't get a Baggie luke farmboy any time soon lol

Frunkstar

Grand Master
easy enough to get a luke farmboy baggie, just it's going to cost you, as will most of the first 21 figures, maybe start at the other end & work your way down as the ROTJ figures are normally easy to find & a lot cheaper

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Thanks for you advice. Could you pm the figures you are selling? Also the link on your profile is that every baggie ever released? Can you get all 92 figures as baggies? Also would you trust ebay sellers or would you only buy them from sellers on here? Thanks so much for you advice

lejackal

Grand Master
Alltooeasy said:
Thanks for you advice. Could you pm the figures you are selling? Also the link on your profile is that every baggie ever released? Can you get all 92 figures as baggies? Also would you trust ebay sellers or would you only buy them from sellers on here? Thanks so much for you advice

You can't get all 92 in baggies, the only POTF releases in baggies are (as far as I'm aware) Barada, Yak Face, EV9D9, Amanaman and Anakin however you should be able to get the rest as well as a Blue Snaggletooth, weapons packs, Jabba pipes and bowls, Rebo band and Salacious Crumb.
You will need to use Ebay at some point, always check feedback, do your research etc

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Alltooeasy said:
Thanks I think I'm gonna go for a Baggie collection. Just sent a few pms out for some. And if you have any or know anyone for sale please let me know also cheers. Mainly looking for a new hope figures first then will go through the other films but realise you won't get a Baggie luke farmboy any time soon lol

Alltooeasy, be careful mate! You've gone from baggie noob to someone who is going to collect them all in 5 seconds flat. Take it slowly and make sure you know what you are buying before parting with money. Enthusiasm is brilliant but would hate to see you overpaying or even worse getting stung with a fake or a reseal.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Ill admit I am clueless on what would be a fake or reseal. Haven't a clue where to start, whats a good deal etc. Do I start with a new hope or rotj or esb?!!

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Also would you suggest only buying from approved sellers on here rather then ebay to avoid getting stung? Ive already emailed Iain about a few

Start with the cheap baggies first eg c3po , anakin , emperor until you get more familiar with the rest that way while you are learning if you get stung it won't cost you as much .

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Thanks! I've emailed some sellers regarding c3po and emperor. Sorry for so many questions but is there somewhere I can see every figure that was released in Baggie and what price they are? That way I know how much to pay for. Also who are the best sellers on here to buy baggies from? Haven't a clue what the cheapest easiest figures are to get!

jayums

Jedi Master
Alltooeasy said:
Thanks! I've emailed some sellers regarding c3po and emperor. Sorry for so many questions but is there somewhere I can see every figure that was released in Baggie and what price they are? That way I know how much to pay for. Also who are the best sellers on here to buy baggies from? Haven't a clue what the cheapest easiest figures are to get!

There are no fixed prices... but you can probably get a good idea of the going rate for things by doing some research on this forum and by looking at sold listings on ebay.

There is a feedback thread for sellers so that is worth a read so you can buy with confidence. I can say that I've bought and sold a ton of stuff on here in the last six months or so and everybody (without exception) has been a pleasure to deal with.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
I started off with getting the single mailer figures and progressed from there (although ive still to go the Boba Fett one). Like has already been said the Emporer is the most common and quite cheap. Blue Snaggletooth as far as ive seen is the most expensive around £500 :eek:

Ive used Franks very useful guide quite a few times, very helpful and refer to it quite often.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Do you have a link to the guide? Or is it the one I've already seen? The comprehensive guide? So the pots figures mentioned are the only ones not in baggies?

Joe

Grand Master
Can we see your baggie collection thus far? I do hope you are keeping them sealed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom