burnsy

Sith Lord
This definately needs it's own thread.

I have just experienced this masterpiece and I was blown away.

Lads....you have got to see this at the cinema.
The effects, sound and visual pleasure this delivers is something else.

The only other time I felt like this was when I saw T2 at the cinema for the first time and
experienced effects we had never seen before. But Avatar pisses on it and brings a whole
new dimension to film making.

To top it off, I had to abandon the car on the way home and walk home in the snow
with me mate for half an hour. Cracking evening all and all.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Thanks for the little review Stu. I've been hearing good things about the movie and can't wait to see it this Saturday.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
I saw the press preview in 3D on Wednesday night and like Stu was blown away mainly by the world of Pandora at times you felt like you were on the planet.

I 1000% recommend watching it at the cinema and only in 3D guys if you get the chance.

Jay

burnsy

Sith Lord
Watched it in 3D.

I really knew nothing of the story line or plot before seeing which added to the magic.
I'm away to Ireland in a few days for Crimbo but will definately be going back to the cinema
when I get back to see it again.

Can't wait for your guys to see it and see what you think.

Pyro Stick

Youngling
My girlfriend was going to go watch it with her dad at one of these imax cinemas but when he went to book tickets they said it was booked until some time next year. SO ill probaably go see it in about a month when the cinemas are a bit quieter. I hate going to packed, noisy cinemas.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I watched it thursday, but chose to do so in 2D. I'm not a huge fan of 3D

Even in 2D it was amazing.

Fantastic film, well worth a watch!!! 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
burnsy said:
I'm away to Ireland in a few days for Crimbo but will definately be going back to the cinema
when I get back to see it again.

I know we're a bit behind the times here mate, but we do have cinemas you know! :lol:

chazgreentooth

Jedi Knight
I will try and watch it in 3d .....I end up with a headache after a 3d film though. I have delicate little eyes :shock: lmao

jedi_rebel

Padawan
Looks like I really need to see this. I've never seen anything in 3d at the cinema yet. Is it worth it, rather than 2d. I'm guessing you don't have to wear those 3d specs (and yes I have been living in a cave the last few years)?

:roll:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
its really good .got butterflys in stomach from some scene at top of mountains and things our lass jumped back and gave a scream at on scene.and yeah you need glasses but they are like sun glasses not the old red and blue coloured ones

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Watched it last night, in 3-D (only version showing at a time that suited). It's very good. The story is nothin really ground-breaking but the special effects are brilliant. If I was being very harsh I would say it's maybe a TAD too long (it's 2 hours 40 mins), but it's still well worth watchin!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom