Area 51 sci fi toy magazine

Jedi83

Padawan
Does anybody rember a sci fi toy magazine back in the 90's that was dedicated to sci fi toys and always had info about vintage starwars. I collected the first 5 magazines, but dont have them anymore. Iam sure it was called Area 51??

I remember seeing an article in it about vintage starwars beeing burried in a pit as there was no more interest in them back in the 80's. Has anybody heard of this before or am I dreaming it.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Jedi83 said:
I remember seeing an article in it about vintage starwars beeing burried in a pit as there was no more interest in them back in the 80's. Has anybody heard of this before or am I dreaming it.

The old toy collectors urban legend rears its head again! Don't speak of it too loud or Augie will come back to haunt us :lol: :lol:

Jedi83

Padawan
cocofstar said:
It was a great mag :wink:

I still have the full set in storage somewhere, must hunt them out sometime.

Was that definetly the name "Area 51". Tried to google it, but got no results. It was a damm good mag. Do you rember the article on startwars toys in the 80's being buried in a pit due to lask of interest. I am even tempted to say it was in this coutry were they burried them. If the story is true?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
They did the reprint of the Palitoy catalogue. Trouble is, they put "Area 51" on the back so people still get ripped off regularly thinking they've got an original!

:eek:

Jason

Jedi83

Padawan
cocofstar said:
Jedi83 said:

The old toy collectors urban legend rears its head again! Don't speak of it too loud or Augie will come back to haunt us :lol: :lol:

Go on I am intreeged to here this story of the so called "starwars pit"

Jedi83

Padawan
Just found one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAN-DARE-Articles-Area-51-Sci-fi-Collecting-Nos-1-13_W0QQitemZ110242344437QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1148QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Jedi83 said:
cocofstar said:
Jedi83 said:

Go on I am intreeged to here this story of the so called "starwars pit"

think there may be a thread on it somewhere or on old forum.i think its suppossed to be in leciester .

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Lets not start the Buried toys **** again :D
auggiefind1.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
He'll start digging when pigs fly and hell freezes over! :roll:
Unless digging in his back garden with his bucket and spade counts!?

Jedi83

Padawan
What were the Jedi force cards Augie was on about?

I will do a bit of surfing to see if I can find an article on the Leciester dump.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
'Revenge' of the Jedi carded figures. Its highly unlikely that they ever existed although you can of course get the proof cards that were made up for the figures before the films name changed.

Jedi83

Padawan
Darth Wensleydale said:
'Revenge' of the Jedi carded figures. Its highly unlikely that they ever existed although you can of course get the proof cards that were made up for the figures before the films name changed.

Thanks Darth. Can you explain a bit more about these proof cards and the films names changing?

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom