Archived Archive

Joe

Grand Master
I can't help but think you might be getting out due to being involved billyboy and scott mcwilliams issues Marc? if so then i really am sorry to hear it, those cunts drove too many people away from collecting and will continue to do so i fear..

Sorry to ask in your FS thread if that is the case, you will always be looked on as one of the good guys with a killer focus + passion for collecting if you do get out mate, I for one
hope you stick around or sell and regroup and collect something else in the future related to vintage SW.

All the best with the sales also!

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
tigerham said:
Why what happened without opening the wound too much? :?

Hey Ham, a Florida based collector Scott McWilliams sold a number of fake vintage prototype figures, primarily unpainted and painted hardcopies. Scott didnt just pop out of the wood work to sell fakes, over the years he has sold plenty of good pieces so buying from him should have been perfectly safe. Same should be said for that other **** face Billy Boy, i think they basically just went insane overnight.

Anyway, in a nut shell, I bought an unpainted LXW hardcopy, a protomolded head and a carbalon head. All 3 items are now proven fake by a couple of collectors with the knowledge based on the vast amount of legit protos that passed through their hands.

There was a thread on RS all about this but Scott McWilliams got his lawyer to pull the thread, im very disappointed with the powers that be on RS about that but **** it, at least now a lot of people know the name Scott McWilliams = utter ****.

Im out a lot of money so that was the final straw for me and my interest in actively collecting. Im keeping some key pieces that i enjoy but most will go, a lot has gone already (thanks again to folks here for the straight forward sales) and its surprisingly easy to keep moving the stuff out the door once you start.

marc

tigerham

Sith Lord
What twats! I can totally understand where you're coming from about being deflated after something like that. I only had a minor thing with the Tri R2 and Toy Toni and was nothing compared to what you went through but felt deflated even after that so totally understand but still think it's a shame as there's alot of good guys on here and the other 2 english based forums.

Well I hope that it's just a 'breather' for you and maybe you'll be back by popular demand! ;)

I think it's a learning game and you learn who you can trust and who not but like you said even the ones who you think you can trust go crazy overnight. Everyone had high talk about Toni and then, not hugely, but I got a lil' unfortuante with a sale from him. Guess we've gotta be really careful these days as there's getting too many holes for fake collectors to seep through.

Stick around for chats tho dude, there's always good banta going on. :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
It's too addictive. I thought I was just gonna focus on Scouts but boy was I wrong, lol!

PGowdy

Grand Master
That's a real shame Marc. I hope these bastards get what's coming to them.
I hope at some point you'll start collecting again but i'm glad you're not getting rid of everything. Nice to hold on to a few pieces at least.

Joe

Grand Master
Sorry Marc, I had a feeling that was the final straw :(

Glad you will be sticking around, you know you can never sell your LXW pre prod run, thats just the dogs danglies and if it gets split up would be a real shame!

Getting out of your FS thread now! lol All the best mate!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom