ANYONE LIVE IN LONDON

wertyu-2007

Padawan
hi removed link someone on here was in talks with the guy with this soive removed for him .

sorry mate just glad one of us might get it

ah gutted id love this lot posted 2 days ago ican see a storm luke and gunner and an a wing just on the top

PGowdy

Grand Master
He was asking 500?!! :eek: :shock:
How do you know that? The ad had no price attached. I tried calling him with no luck. Wouldn't have gone anywhere near that.

itfciain

Grand Master
Yeah I gave him a bell, dropped him a text and emailed him with no joy.

Some rare pieces in there but not worth £500.00 unless everything was in good shape and all the rarer figures were complete with vintage weapons.

waztotuk

Jedi Knight
I rang him, got an answer. He told me they where sold. I cheekily asked him how much he got (expecting a lowish price). He said £500 and made it clear he was VERY VERY HAPPY!

Lucky sod finding them in a garage.

He said there was a full box plus half a box full of figures.

Never ever thought of looking on there before

Wayne

PGowdy

Grand Master
I wanna know what walley called him and offered him 500! :lol: :lol:
I was gonna offer him 150 and not go a penny over 200. But then i'm a tight git. I don't think there were much more than 300 quids worth there anyway.
Looked to be 4 or 5 top end figures and most of the rest beaters. £4-£5 figures at best.

itfciain

Grand Master
Yeah I would have gone upto about £250/£300 - there was a Yak & Luke Stormy which would have got you close to £100.00

Still a happy bunny with £500.00 and maybe the 'whalley' will let us know what other gems were hiiden in the big pile !

PGowdy

Grand Master
Hmm. I examined the pics carefully. There were about 80 figures there give or take. A couple weren't SW but almost all were. Almost all figures were either completely or partially incomplete tho there were one or two weaoins strewn about i think it's safe to assume that 50 of them were without weapons.
These go would be worth around £60-70. (excluding last 17)
Then the other 25 let's say they have weapons and be generous with a £6 each valuation. (you'll get nowhere near that). That's £150.
Than the last 17. There was 1 Yak (£55-60), 1 Imp Gunner (£20), 1 A-Wing Pilot (£20), 1 Imp Dignitary (£10) a Luke Stormy (£15-20 without helmet £40-45 with) and a Han Solo w/ Carb block (£40).

That comes to a grand total of £380 (that's going 65 on the beaters and 20 on Luke as i can't see the helmet). And that is being very generous and pricing everything fairly high end. Which would mean the condition of everything would need to be 8 or above.

That's just my 2 cents anyway. I think 250-300 is absolutely top end offer for this lot.

itfciain

Grand Master
Wouldnt disagree with you too much there but think that there are two Imperial Dignitaries and there is definately a Warok (£10.00).

The interest has to be what is in the bag.

That said, having looked at the pics again it does seem rather staged - i.e all of the Last 17 just happen to be on the top of each pile (especially as pics 1 & 4 are different shots) - maybe the seller did know a little bit more than he was letting on !

PGowdy

Grand Master
There are two, you're right. I missed that out. Still, looking at the pics again, i actually can't see ANY weapons. Literally not one. This would bring that value down quite a bit. Some figures appear to have their capes/belts etc so there's still some value but no weapons is a big issue.

A

Anonymous

PGowdy said:
Than the last 17. There was 1 Yak (£55-60), 1 Imp Gunner (£20), 1 A-Wing Pilot (£20), 1 Imp Dignitary (£10) a Luke Stormy (£15-20 without helmet £40-45 with) and a Han Solo w/ Carb block (£40).

Id buy yaks off you all day for that price all of the above prices i think are very low if you wana sell me some figures at these prices pm me il have as many as u can supply.luke storm and han are correct prices all other low

PGowdy

Grand Master
Without weapons i fully disagree. I bought 2 Yaks this week. One was 50 with weapon and delivery included in average condition and the other was 70 in condition 9-9.5 with weapon and cardback. They were both ebay so you don't need me to sell you them you can just buy them on the open market.
VC sold one yesterday with some minor paintwear and no weapon for £51*.
Imp dig could easily go for a little more i grant you, i'm not up on my Imp Digs as i've never bought one, but they're all in the ballpark.
Last 17 figs without weapons can be very difficult to sell and often the value is more than halved.

* http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260812942120&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

You could have had yourself 3 Last 17 for under a hundred this week. I passed when it went over £80.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120744152529&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And one i bid 60 on with original weapon for 62. Also this week.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190551146551&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And a real cracker for £55 with weapon. I was dissapointed to miss this one as i had been watching it but was out when it finished.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330583972723&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

All these are just from ebay.co.uk and just ones that have sold in the last 10 days.

A

Anonymous

There are bargins out there for sure but you could defo get more.I agree on bad condition items.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Oh i agree! You could get more but that's not what a valuation of an unseen figure can be based on. When valuing a lot, if you assume each figure is worth the most you could possibly get out of it, you're going to lose out pretty big almost every time. I was going on a fair, and as the evidence provided proves, current average.
You could have bought 5 or 7 Yaks this week alone on ebay for under 65 (each). If you want an extra extra miinty one, yes, you will have to pay more. Sometimes upwards of 80-90 but i'm assuming this figure is not minty being found in a garage plus it doesn't have the weapon which will take £8-10 off it's selling value.

A

Anonymous

Ok i understand what you are saying.Anyway back to the point sell me a yak for 55 quid lol.Ive been holding back on buying the last 17 as soo many are too expensive ive missed the auctions u stated above, which is odd as i scour ebay daily lol

PGowdy

Grand Master
You ain't getting one of mine. :lol: I'm building an army.
Granted, they are not always easy to find for 55 or less but if you keep searching and are not fussy about the quality then you will find one. If you give yourself a budget of 60 plus postage you should be able to find one given a little patience with losing the odd auction. As the above link show- they are out there at reasonable prices.
If i knew you were looking i would have alerted you to VC's (the first link) sale as i wasn't going for it. I had a feeling it would go cheap for the paint damage and lack of weapon.
If you want a minty one i'm afraid you are going to have to be a LOT more patient or fork out £70-80 for one.

PGowdy

Grand Master
As i said Chewy- bargain Yaks are out there...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260816940170&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
£55 for an average condition Yak is high in my opinion. There are pretty common. Not hard to get hold of. I would pay £55 for a mint one with a weapon. Not much more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom