Any MOTU collectors on here?

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
I was wondering if there are any MOTU collectors on here that could tell me if MOTU weapons have been reproed like the SW ones have?
Is there anything else to watch out for?

x-pack

Grand Master
Mike Sith collects I think. MOTU are really cool but prohibitively expensive, not to mention rare in MOC form.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I joint collect with my lad MOTU, THUNDRCATS, TMNT

but mainstay for me is SW

Yes is the answer though scareglow weapons packs etc for the rarer figures.

MOTU figures came with chest armour snap on pieces ( I.e HORDAK ) also weapons so there was more to a complete figure, therefore more propensity for bits to snap, break or get lost, so unscrupulous sellers I'm sure will have no issue with passing of repro.

Unfortunately MOTU mocs fetch silly prices, where there's money to be made there is repro, not sure it's as rampant as SW though.

I think Neil may be a better man to ask ( Jackabina) as he is a knowledge bank on MOTU

He Man.org forum is where you'll find out I'm not a member, but maybe others are

Good luck with the question

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
I asked on He-man.org and this was the reply: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?257806-Noob-Question-Repro-items

Which I thought was very strange!

jackabina

Sith Lord
Hi mate. Unfortunately, other forums are quite anal, and MORE geeky than this one. To get any reply from that site is an achievement. There are repro items scattered about, but oddly, the whole 'repro' issue seems to concern MOTU collector far less and is almost seen in some quarters as normal. I'm not aware of any weapon testing that would help sort the fakes, but certainly rough joints etc would be a dead give away. There are sites out there which show step by step instructions on making 'hot glue gun' moulds, which I imagine would be reasonably easy to spot. Many of the repro items are parts, like the chains from snake mountain which were moulded in a harder plastic than many of the weapons.
The He-Man.com site does have a decent archive section, similar to RS.

To be honest, there are only a very few weapons which MAY be hard to get hold of. The others are so easy, you should be able to buy with relative confidence.

Neil

Palifan

Sith Lord
BadMotivator said:
I asked on He-man.org and this was the reply: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?257806-Noob-Question-Repro-items

That really is a strange answer and I don't understand how just saying yes there are lots of them or no not many would upset anyone. The world is a very strange place at times. :roll:

Ian

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
BadMotivator said:

what a load of **** that answer was :lol: all you did was ask a question its not like you are trying to sell repro :?

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
I think it's like Jackabina says, they don't really consider repro the same why we do. I'm not saying they're for it, but it's just not something that's on their radar. If you look at all the MOTU listings on eBay none of them mention 'not repro' or even 'Original' (at least in that sense) when describing the accessories. It's made me realise that we're really spoilt in the SW collecting world with the amount of info available to us. Testament to the popularity of SW I suppose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom