Amazing carded prototype Rocket Firing Fett

poncho

Grand Master
Thats the toy fair knocked up example. Glad too see its still about and not locked away in someones vault!

Joe

Grand Master
It is real, you can read up on it here: http://theswca.com/images-unpro/rocketfett-carded.html

inzaman

Sith Lord
Joe said:
It is real, you can read up on it here: http://theswca.com/images-unpro/rocketfett-carded.html
That's brilliant, and the Toy Fair picture at the bottom shows this carded Fett and other carded figures promoting the new rocket firing Boba Fett 8)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
It's amazing really, the cardback itself isn't a proper cardback (as I understand it), it's sort of photocopied on the front and blank on the back as you can see from the pic. If you want a true pice of history this is it.

As to whether it'll sell, who knows. For that much money I tend to think it won't. Even someone who is filthy rich would have to think twice about it because it's ultimately a business decision and who could you ever offload it to?

lejackal

Grand Master
I'd like to think for £100K they might include postage :lol:

Nice item though, bet there is an "error in the listing" though

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Regardless of how rare this is, I wouldn't buy it if I were a billionaire, that sort of money can bee used much better somewhere else.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I thought that this cardback was legit and that it had been glued onto the wall in the toy fair booth. It was then torn down thus resulting in the damage. May be wrong though, I'm clutching at memories here.

threaders20

Jedi Knight
In the Steve swan sweet book "from screen to collectibles" he said the rocket firing fett never left the factory even if they were made, which he doubts but he also said than none were ever painted as they were prototypes.
That said I saw one on toy hunter last year which was loose and he had a guy come down from the toy factory back in the day and he verified it as real, so that all I know about them.
Sorry if this is old news fellas :)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
I thought that this cardback was legit and that it had been glued onto the wall in the toy fair booth. It was then torn down thus resulting in the damage. May be wrong though, I'm clutching at memories here.

Think they were 6 or 7 Leia originals? They all have a tape line vertically iirc from where they were displayed in a line. Where they from a Canada toy fair?

I'm also clutching at memories :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom