Archived ALL SALES WITHDRAWN

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
But the problem then is that unless the seller books the courier before payment is received, there is no guarantee that the seller will post the item. I know this doesn't apply to you Bram, but it has happened many times on this site before (see the 'bad sellers' forum) which is why the rule is in place.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
********************Note there is protection for Buyers who pay by GIFT see below****************************

If you pay by 'Gift' sellers can still be shafted by the buyer if the buyer chooses to pay from their Credit Card.

Basically if you pay by 'gift' and use your Credit Card, Paypal will charge a fee to the buyer before the funds are sent to the seller. The Seller has no idea how the buyer has paid. However the Buyer can claim a chargeback from their Credit Card company asking for the deduction to be removed (ie fraud or item not received or not as described etc)

If Paypal agrees with the Credit Card Company that the Seller has not fulfilled their obligations to the buyer then Paypal will take the money out of the sellers account to compensate the money they have lost to the Credit Card company who take the money from Paypal to reimburse the buyer.

So paying by Gift does NOT automatically protect the Seller in these instances. The Buyer has actually paid for added protection when paying this way using their Credit Card.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I wish there was a 100% safe way for both buyers and sellers, sadly there is not.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Yeah I wish there was a 100% safe way for both buyers and sellers, sadly there is not.

Meet in person. Pay cash. Check the items before you leave.

Have a drink in a pub. Make a new friend. Have a chat. It's great :)

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Mr-shifter said:
Meet in person. Pay cash. Check the items before you leave.

Have a drink in a pub. Make a new friend. Have a chat. It's great :)
But Bram's in a galaxy far, far away.... I'm in Essex...

What are the chances?!

coomber75

Sith Lord
Just from my own point of view, I trust the guy, packs items well describes them well but also understand the rules... if I had the money would have bought leia in a flash lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom