Archived ALL SALES WITHDRAWN

coomber75

Sith Lord
Damn if I had the money would snap up the leia and luke as need them just end of month no pay check :(

jyacal73

Padawan
Hello,

Just a quick line about GIFT payments on this site, please see this topic. http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14549

Thank you, Jay............

wrighty

Sith Lord
Bram is a trusted member of SWFUK and anyone buying from him will do so with absolute confidence. I am sure most people here will jump in to support him. That thread you link to is more of newbies coming on here to sell one off stuff or dodgy dealers!! :wink:

jyacal73

Padawan
wrighty said:
Bram is a trusted member of SWFUK and anyone buying from him will do so with absolute confidence. I am sure most people here will jump in to support him. That thread you link to is more of newbies coming on here to sell one off stuff or dodgy dealers!! :wink:

I am only passing on edd_jedi thread as asked, as I do believe it does help all of us when we do purchase, sorry to offend if I did.....

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
jyacal73 said:
wrighty said:

I am only passing on edd_jedi thread as asked, as I do believe it does help all of us when we do purchase, sorry to offend if I did.....

Hmm. Bram is well known around these parts, and I have had a few flawless deals with him in the past and personally would have no problem paying him gift (or taking cash to his house)

but, on the flip side your man has a point. Its edds forum and thems the rules. And the rules are the rules for everybody.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Just for clarification. I asked the Mods if my listing was okay including my disclaimer before I listed anything. This was approved. With the greatest of respect it does say that if you are not happy with these requirements then please reconsider buying.

Kind regards,

Bram

jyacal73

Padawan
Bramistuta25 said:
Just for clarification. I asked the Mods if my listing was okay including my disclaimer before I listed anything. This was approved. With the greatest of respect it does say that if you are not happy with these requirements then please reconsider buying.

Kind regards,

Bram

My apologies Bram, I guess it is the Admiral Ackbar coming out in me, I have been burnt in the past with other sellers using gift payments.
But I can clearly see you have nothing to hide or prove............

Jay.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Sorry Bram, but jyacal73 is right. Apologies if the mods missed it.

As per the site rules, if a buyer WANTS to pay via gift payment, they are perfectly welcome to at their risk. But sellers CANNOT insist on gift payment. If you want to sell here, you need to be open to standard Paypal payments too. You can't refuse to sell to somebody that is requesting to pay the normal way. If fees are a concern, you can add more on to your sale price or ask the buyer to pay the fees.

As you all know there is zero protection for buyers who pay via gift, this is why this rule is in place. Those of you that sell in volume should be able to appreciate that.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
I understand Ed and I will change the listings.

My problem with this is that I send everything via fully insured delivery and I pack as well as I can to avoid damage. As it is through PayPal there is no protection for the sellers, if someone opens a claim they simply pay out or take it out of your PayPal account.

Unfortunately for sellers they would then have to claim from the Post Office who we all know are notoriously difficult to get a pay out from!

So where is our protection, if someone is not happy for whatever reason, they get all their money back instantly, we get damaged goods and then have to try and claim it all back.

There must be a common ground for both buyers and sellers to adhere to?

plantman

Sith Lord
maybe suggest that anyone paying via goods payment must pay for UPS or parcel2go delivery, they have pretty good insurance cover and paid out on my damaged items with only photo evidence?

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
plantman said:
maybe suggest that anyone paying via goods payment must pay for UPS or parcel2go delivery, they have pretty good insurance cover and paid out on my damaged items with only photo evidence?

Just to re-iterate. The buyers protection is in the insurance that they actually pay for.

Maybe make a ruling that if you can ask for payments via GIFT if the seller provides full insurance so that if anything happens the buyer is covered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom