A Story from 1983 – Now with pictures!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah what a great story, you were indeed the perfect age and you should have pity on me being born in 1980. :lol:

Crumm

Padawan
That was great to read. Really took me back to that time.

Return of the Jedi is my favourite after A New Hope, I actually prefer it to Empire Strikes Back.

Merrion

Padawan
I see poor aul claire davenport must have been really chuffed to be referred to as "the fat dancer" in the prigramme listing lol.

Whats the chances of that being included in a modern day programme listing :D

spoons

Grand Master
Missed thi sfirst time round. Amazing story and memory! What an experience

Thanks for all the kind comments. In answer to a few of the questions this has generated, I actually moved from Hertfordshire to a different part of the country later that summer, and although I kept in touch with some of my old primary school mates for a short while, children generally don't seem that great at keeping in touch, and unfortunately I have long since lost contact with all those old school friends mentioned in this story :-(

As for what else was on the table? I'm afraid I can't completely recall after all these years, but I do know there were more pencil topper characters than just the five I took away, as my friend grabbed several other characters that I didn't get. I do remember part of the reason I chose the toppers, apart from the fact that I hoped they were cheap, was because they were the closest things they had to figures there. As for the other freebies, I'm afraid it would be half guesswork after all this time. I do know there were many different things to be had, but the only other things I'm pretty sure about were some pencils (which would make sense, given the toppers). In fact, I think the multi-coloured pencil I have posted a picture of in this thread (http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29936) came from the Odeon, but whilst my memory is pretty good, I'm afraid it isn't perfect, so I didn't include the photo here as I wasn't completely sure and I have tried to keep this account faithful.
I love both your story and the movie! I now collect vintage Star Wars items from the very first Saga IV to VI. Would you ever consider selling me your movie opening items? They would be amazing to feature in my collection! Thx!!!!!!!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I love both your story and the movie! I now collect vintage Star Wars items from the very first Saga IV to VI. Would you ever consider selling me your movie opening items? They would be amazing to feature in my collection! Thx!!!!!!!
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you liked the story.

Regarding the movie opening items, I'm sorry but they're not for sale. However, I have seen similar examples show up for sale on eBay from time to time, so don't give up if you are after some. I recommend regularly checking eBay and also Facebook (I can't recommend any particular group as I don't use Facebook myself, but there seems to be a group for pretty much everything these days). Best of luck.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you liked the story.

Regarding the movie opening items, I'm sorry but they're not for sale. However, I have seen similar examples show up for sale on eBay from time to time, so don't give up if you are after some. I recommend regularly checking eBay and also Facebook (I can't recommend any particular group as I don't use Facebook myself, but there seems to be a group for pretty much everything these days). Best of luck.
Thanks! I will find one someday! Fingers crossed! Love your story!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom