A Huge Leap For Mankind.......

Selestarius

Padawan
See this kind of thing is why we should be investing money in Space exploration! if we can land a robot on a comet now maybe in 50 years we could land a man on a comet, we could see mining and colonising operations sent out to space (*cough*thesearethevoyagesofthestarshipenterprise*cough*)

Its just a shame the whole thing has been marred by the abuse the pilot got due to his choice in t-shirt... kind of pathetic that one of the great achievements of our lifetime is getting overshadowed by that.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Thought I would bump this thread with this news...

Organic material has been found on the comet Rosetta Probe Philae landed on. If this information is correct it is an amazing find and IMO a big nod in the direction of panspermia believers.

http://www.ibtimes.com/comet-landing-2014-rosetta-probe-philae-discovers-organic-molecules-report-1725228

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
JuniorChubb said:
Thought I would bump this thread with this news...

Organic material has been found on the comet Rosetta Probe Philae landed on. If this information is correct it is an amazing find and IMO a big nod in the direction of panspermia believers.

http://www.ibtimes.com/comet-landing-2014-rosetta-probe-philae-discovers-organic-molecules-report-1725228

Yeah great find and thanks for the link.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I don't know if it's "organic material" as such, or compounds that can be/are produced by organic life. It's the very very early stages of life, the basics for the building blocks of life, and definitely not intelligent.
Although probably still smarter than Joey Essex.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
weasel said:
I don't know if it's "organic material" as such, or compounds that can be/are produced by organic life. It's the very very early stages of life, the basics for the building blocks of life, and definitely not intelligent.

That's exactly what it could be Weas, the building blocks for life...

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
JC it's a Feasible theory Lithopanspermia, ballistic panspermia or directed panspermia?

Cricks belief that DNA is far too convoluted and complex to have just evolved, does lend a certain credibility especially to directed and litho, really interesting concept, like anything else, dismissed out of hand until proof is found.

But like you say, building blocks, there is no way of knowing which way it will go, these blocks are at the behest of random chaos , and infinite changeable factors over time.

That's why we end up with Mother Theresa on the one hand, and as you say Joey Essex on the other :roll:

I really enjoy the debate on all of this type of thing, but never hang my hat on anything, the biggest conundrums usually though have the simplest answers.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
weasel said:

Still more exciting than having found Joey there though eh Weas :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Could we just send him, and the cast of TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, Katie Price, your bird Kardashian etc etc up there?

Would anyone miss them?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It drives me mad that we now waste all our money on wars and welfare instead of exploring the galaxy like we did in the 60s, or exploring this planet in centuries before that. I am genuinely gutted that there will likely be no manned missions beyond Earth in my lifetime, despite the fact we had the capabilities nearly 50 years ago. But there's democracy for you, pros and cons. If I was in charge **** luncheon vouchers, we're going to Mars :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom