edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Desktop or laptop? If laptop I'd seriously consider Mr Shifter's suggestion. Any cheap PC laptop is a false economy.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Would recommend a Mac as they are so much more reliable. But budget wise would be a good idea to buy a gaming tower if your wanting to play games. Min 8 gig or RAM, 750 to 1 TB HDD for storage and a SSD as the boot drive.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Would recommend a Mac as they are so much more reliable. But budget wise would be a good idea to buy a gaming tower if your wanting to play games. Min 8 gig or RAM, 750 to 1 TB HDD for storage and a SSD as the boot drive.

I'd recommend a Mac too.
No PCs in my house for more than a decade now, main reasons we switched up was reliability, performance out of the box and the almost total lack of viruses on Macs and therefore no need to pay monthly/annual anti-virus subscriptions etc.
I would add that my Powerbook is around 7 years old and still working perfectly, i know many mates who have had at least two different PCs in the same timeframe, so the long term costs seem to net out overall.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom