walkie

Sith Lord
Photos....

M0M1fhb.jpg

sXgcc3J.jpg

u37uN0I.jpg

QOztX7g.jpg

Calling all Pali collectors, you are my only hope :)

lejackal

Grand Master
I know Ben is way out of my price range but you can have the left or indeed right leg for it :mrgreen:

kingshearer

Jedi Master
If there's no damage to the bubble and the card rears are fine then for Ben probably talking £700 - £900 and if no problems with R5-D4 £500 - £700.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I've been keeping notes on ebay sales of Palitoy 12/20 & 30 backs for a few years now and can only find one Ben in bad condition that sold for about 1K in 2013 and none for R5 at all! I'm surprised to see this and do remember a faded Ben 12 back knocking about for ages at around 2.5K but I don't think it ever sold on ebay. The card for Ben is a little damaged but at least the bubble is nice and clear and in great shape so I would have taken this one over the faded one. The R5 looks great as well, even with the stem ding so I get the feeling these two could do pretty well.

I'll take a look at Vectis sales to see what those mint mocs went for and feel an educated guess can be made from that. Also there's always the tracker site that I know some have access to which looks at prices for these things. Sorry to not be of more help at the moment.

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
Just remembered something, Sith Smith has a Palitoy Kenobi focus as I asked him for some advice/info a while ago and I think he may have said the 12 back was 1000-1200. I've deleted the messages now as they were a while ago and the 200 limit doesn't seem to last long. Not sure if that was what he paid or what he said I should expect to pay.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
These two are hard to find at the moment, I'd have thought there'd be loads on interest.

For R5, a graded one with a 50 bubble went for £400 or so at Vectis, and a plum mint one £1350 or so after fees, can't remember whether last years sales on here had an R5? You can't tell what the bubble damage was on the graded one, but for a 50 it must've been quite severe. It may have been been overhanging off the bottom of the card, not sure. As the one on here has (probably) less damage I think £600 - £750 estimate would be pretty good. The higher end depending on the bubble.

For Ben, plum mint ones are £2k - £3k, higher end with Vectis fees, lower end without. Some did go on here for mid £2k and didn't hang around iirc. I think £1000 - £1200 is reasonable, but could be a bit more as it's sought after.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I must admit I thought the vectis one was for a 45a that went for £1000+. I just bought a 20bk R5 for £120 so I've done a damn good deal by the looks of it.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
I must admit I thought the vectis one was for a 45a that went for £1000+. I just bought a 20bk R5 for £120 so I've done a damn good deal by the looks of it.
You've done fantastic £120 for any Star Wars Palitoy is a bargain pictures please!!

Richard_H

Grand Master
They're in the LA thread with lots of other R5 items I picked up. Would have been posted around Dec 12th. I'll search later if you can't find it.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
They're in the LA thread with lots of other R5 items I picked up. Would have been posted around Dec 12th. I'll search later if you can't find it.
Just found your photo R5D4 heaven 2 tri-logo's and a kenner SW too yes the 20b Pal looks a corker and at 1992 prices!

Palifan

Sith Lord
So looking at my Vectis notes the Ben from may 26-27th 2015 went for around 2.5K with fees added and R5 went for 1375 GBP.

Vectis June 24-25th 2015 : Ben went for 3K with fees included and no R5 up for sale.

Vectis December 8th : Ben went for 650 GBP with a fair amount of bubble crushing. R5 with a UKG grade of 60% went for 425 GBP, both values with fees added. Looking at the R5 I can't see what's wrong with the bubble but it graded at 50% so maybe split somewhere?

The Ben's that sold were all A backs and in top shape other than the crushed bubble one so I'm thinking yours would be about the 1-1.5K mark and the R5 I'm thinking 600-850. Hard to say for sure on the R5 as it's hard to know why the last Vectis one graded so badly when it does look fine from the picture. Also I'm not sure if there are many of these around at the moment so you might find that there are a couple of people after one.

You'll probably do the best with them on ebay but hopefully this and the other valuations will give you an idea as to price if you want to go through here or another forum…..you also won't have to deal with all those ebay clowns out there!

Ian

walkie

Sith Lord
Wow, thanks for taking the time researching all the background prices for me. It's very much appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom