1977 Star Wars Wrist Watches W/Boxes (2)

A

Anonymous

1. 1977 Darth Vader Watch.

darthvader1.jpg

Comes complete with the original box and Bradley warranty papers.

The watch is in mint (100%) condition. The box and warranty papers are in excellent condition. The labels on the front of the box are curling at the corners a bit but are still in very good nick. The watch keeps perfect time.

The watch is powered by a quality Swiss mechanical wind-up movement, cased in a high polished all chrome plated case with a 2-tone high polished and satin sand marked base metal case back. This was produced in a "mid-sized" version.

The exact measurements are 29.10mm wide (not counting the stem & crown) by 35.40mm lug to lug. This timepiece was built and distributed by Bradley, division of Elgin National Watch Company and is licensed & copyrighted by 20th Century Fox Film Inc.

2. 1977 C3PO & R2D2 Watch.

droids1.jpg

Comes complete with the original box and papers. The watch comes in a rare black cycolac case and matching band. This was produced in an adult sized model

The watch is in mint (100%) condition. The box is in excellent condition. The papers are showing their age a bit but are still in good nick. The watch is powered by a quality Swiss mechanical wind-up movement and keeps perfect time.

The exact measurements are 34.90mm wide (not counting the stem & crown) by 40.75mm lug to lug. This timepiece was built and distributed by Bradley, division of Elgin National Watch Company and is licensed & copyrighted by 20th Century Fox Film Inc.

I acquired these watches through an estate auction in Aussie in 1998. These 2 watches are penciled in for a July collectibles auction here in Auckland, NZ. But until then I thought I'd put the word out online for all interested parties.

I can provide plenty more pics - just let me know.

All offers considered.

A

Anonymous

No set prices - at the end of the day they are worth whatever the successful buyer is willing to pay for them.

When the right offer comes along these two timepieces will be off to a new home. :wink:

They can be bought separately or as a pair.

Feel free to make an offer via PM.

Shipping and insurance is included.

Joe

Grand Master
State your prices or be prepared to wait for a long time lol

No-one likes playing the guessing game and a lot of people might not have any idea what these are worth - so to avoid wasting your own and our time - put some prices up and see what happens.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
sorry but it does piss me off with that best offer ****, you must have a price in mind so either put it on or dont bother wasting peoples time, dont we have a thread saying this somewhere :roll: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

jayjedi said:
sorry but it does piss me off with that best offer ****, you must have a price in mind so either put it on or dont bother wasting peoples time, dont we have a thread saying this somewhere :roll: :twisted:

I've been collecting and dealing in antique and vintage timepieces for nigh on 7 years. I travel to Aussie, the States, Canada and the UK every year to hunt out new pieces. During those 7 years in the antique trade I quickly learned not to sell yourself short when putting valuable pieces up for sale/auction.

That 'best offer sh*t' will piss off tire kickers and sightseers.

Serious buyers however will take the pro-active approach and step forward with serious offers. If folk really want a certain item then they'll pay whatever they need to in order to secure it. :wink:

However... just to give you an idea of things, the auction house here in NZ has suggested putting a reserve on each to the tune of NZD$600.00 - the last boxed SW watch to go through them last year (similar to my droid one but with a different strap) went for just over NZD$1200. Whoever bought that really really wanted it. And that is the sort of buyer I'm aiming for. :)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I own both those watches in pristine condition with their boxes. I think If i remember I only paid maybe a total of $100 for both. They can also still be found on ebay from time to time and are in no way worth that kind of money. :D Weasel....quit bashing my dollar. :)

A

Anonymous

Watches like this are a rare treat in NZ - thus the NZD$600 reserve.

Regarding eBay how do you tell which item is the real deal when those sites are swamped with reproductions and fakes masquerading as genuine? I've approached several advertisers in just the last couple months about dodgy looking gear, asking for clearer pics and more details - not one replied. Were they all on holiday or were they hiding something? :roll:

Antiques and collectibles also tend to lose their value when exposed to the general public on auction websites.

The likes of eBay are good for buyers who are looking for gold for the price of silver, but not if you're wanting the best $$ for your item.

Plus in my experience the selling power of real auction houses, where the punters can actually touch and pick up and personally inspect the items, will win over the online auction sites every time. :wink:

plantman

Sith Lord
Well maybe your right, but at least you can often verify a sellers feedback for sales, you have come on here selling items at $600 and nobody knows you.

preaching to an already established community of sellers and buyers wont get you anywhere.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
You still did not address the huge difference in your pricing versus actual value of $100. and no...Nobody is making repros of these because they are not worth a huge amount (Like $600). :wink:

benbob

Padawan
Plus in my experience the selling power of real auction houses, where the punters can actually touch and pick up and personally inspect the items, will win over the online auction sites every time. :wink:[/quote]

So what are you doing trying to sell them here? Surely your 'real auction house' will earn you the most dollar and everything else is a complete waste of time..................now that reminds me what was I doing........................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom