12 BK

fett1972

Padawan
Seemed to end around 6 am this morning. Very strange. Wonder if the seller got an offer and ended auction early

Palifan

Sith Lord
So what happened with this listing? I've noticed the thread has changed name which makes me feel someone on here has it maybe?

I won't mention it as I asked a member to do this the other day so that I didn't get back doored before it was delivered but as I can't find the listing anywhere I'd love to hear (and see it), if it did make it's way to someone on here.

Ian

fett1972

Padawan
The item was a Palitoy 12 back Chewbacca. At around 5.30 on Saturday morning I contacted seller, who had zero feedback, to see if he had a buy it now price and advised them I would be happy to collect if we could agree a price. Not long later the item ended. Later that morning the seller contacted me, using a different ebay account still with zero feedback, offering the item for 2k. The seller would only accept payment by bank transfer. When i offered cash on collection he informed me he was going to Denmark later that same day for 2 weeks and I would have collect within an hour which he knew was impossible i passed.

Curious to see if anyone bought it

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for sharing the info although it sounds like it was all a bit of a scam to me. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would wire 2k to someone after hearing that story (or any story for that matter).

Sounds like you were just as well not to get it but good call on offering to pick it up as that would have been the safest way to do the transaction (although a few of your biggest mates in the car with you would have been a good idea with the seller knowing you had 2k on you).

Maybe it'll turn up again at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if the pictures were of someone else's Chewie.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I can't find it anywhere in 'completed listings'. I wonder if it's the guy who bought the other chewie for 3k recently.

theslider

Sith Lord
But why has the OP edited his post to take the link out? Was it that it just went to nothing?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
fett1972 said:
The item was a Palitoy 12 back Chewbacca. At around 5.30 on Saturday morning I contacted seller, who had zero feedback, to see if he had a buy it now price and advised them I would be happy to collect if we could agree a price. Not long later the item ended. Later that morning the seller contacted me, using a different ebay account still with zero feedback, offering the item for 2k. The seller would only accept payment by bank transfer. When i offered cash on collection he informed me he was going to Denmark later that same day for 2 weeks and I would have collect within an hour which he knew was impossible i passed.

Curious to see if anyone bought it

Sounds very fishy to me! :!:

Palifan

Sith Lord
theslider said:
But why has the OP edited his post to take the link out? Was it that it just went to nothing?

I don't remember there ever being a link to it (could be wrong though). Maybe someone has it in their saved ebay list that they could post?

Oh and slider, you must be getting close to another update on your reseal collection, can't be many left?

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom