12 Back C3P0

PGowdy

Grand Master
2 questions; is it genuine? And what is it worth?

Many thanks

1560544_10153669658195478_1788366082_n_zps3154299c.jpg

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
This may give you an idea Pete

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Kenner-1978-Star-Wars-C-3PO-See-Threepio-Figure-20-Back-/191021363933?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c79c2b2dd&nma=true&si=qPQlrg5ytf5FIth8u9hirO6UnR8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Its hard to say these days as prices are all over the place.

The grading ones are going for big money.

Not sure if yours is a 12back or 20back.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
The price tag makes me think it is real. The white I see in the punch areA and edges makes me suspect, plus the gloss on the cardback itself. Lack of waffle pattern too and I do not know of "Smooth" seals on 12 backs. footer is also wrong...too thick and does not extend between his legs high enough. Lower left radius on cardback does not look well rounded.

PGowdy

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
The price tag makes me think it is real. The white I see in the punch areA and edges makes me suspect, plus the gloss on the cardback itself. Lack of waffle pattern too and I do not know of "Smooth" seals on 12 backs. footer is also wrong...too thick and does not extend between his legs high enough. Lower left radius on cardback does not look well rounded.

Yeah i think that may be the flash. It's not the best picture but it's not mine.
My instinct says it's genuine but wanted to get a few other eyes on it. And as to value i have no idea so any more quotes or links would be good.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Footer is wrong...google images of 12 back c3po..............................never mind...looked at mine...then a few other images...this footer had two different styles.........Duh.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
This has a very clean Weird punch. I think the price sticker is added to make it look something that it is'nt.

Looking at it again, i do see a waffle pattern On the seal. I would defenitly ask for better pictures.
Also that looks like a 20 Back style punch.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Agreed Dennis, the punch does look a little odd but hard to tell. Better pics should solve this one

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:
Agreed Dennis, the punch does look a little odd but hard to tell. Better pics should solve this one

That was what I was seeing (Shape and appears to be white cardstock showing at the edges) and that footer still looks odd to me as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom