SWAG!! Virtual Runners Check In!

Jez

Sith Lord
Hey there hey there!

Now i know lots of you guys have already seen this but i thought it could be cool if we could have a tally of who has signed up and how people are getting on.

This explains what everything is about: http://stormtrooperrun.com/index.php/home/blog/45-a-new-idea-for-2018-the-last-stormtrooper-run-virtual-run-series

There is a link within that link which takes you directly to the registration website here: https://www.myrace.run/race-category/series/stormtrooper/

Get yourself this incredible swag designed by the extremely talented Mark Daniels
Not long after i announced the 2018 challenge Mark Daniels contacted me asking if i wanted a new logo to compliment #thelaststormtooperrun.
Mark's creations are always fantastic so i leapt at the chance. Just a few days later Mark produced this awesome design...
IMG_8698.JPG

Please note the nice subtle sweatband in Red White & Blue as a nod to the 100th Anniversary of the Royal Air Force, the reason why i opted to attempt 100 Kms.

I showed off the nice new logo on Instagram and straight away people were suggesting i put it on a T-Shirt or turn it into a finishers medal for a Virtual Run! Oooh a virtual run, what a great idea :) For the final year of The Running Stormtrooper Project, lets get everyone involved!!!

So what is a Virtual Run/Race?

A virtual race is one that can be completed at any location or time, meaning you do not have to physically turn up to a race start line. You could complete your virtual race in your lunch break, before work, after dropping the kids off for school, on a treadmill at the gym or you could walk it at the weekend. It doesn't matter where or when you do it! You simply provide evidence of the run by taking a photo of your running app such as 'Map my Run' or 'Strava', or a running watch etc. It's that simple. Oh and it's for all ages :)

The Last Stormtrooper Virtual Run: Something for Everyone

I have been working closely with a great company called 'My Race' who have really listened to my needs with regards to ensuring mass participation of all levels of runners both novice and established athlete.

I wanted to have 4 different lengths of race however the cost of producing 4 different medal moulds would have been excessive so we have come up with a fantastic idea to ensure each race medal is easily identifiable! Mark has once again come up trumps and has designed 4 different medal ribbons, each one has a classic 'Lightsaber' colour. Individually they will look great, as a set of 4 they will look awesome!!!

The Races

1 Mile - Red Ribbon - The Lightsaber of the Sith
IMG_9092.jpg

5 Miles - Green Ribbon - The colour of Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber in Return of the Jedi
IMG_9093.jpg

Marathon - Blue Lightsaber - The colour of the Lightsaber owned by Anakin Skywalker and passed on to Luke.
IMG_9094.jpg

100 Km - Purple Lightsaber - The Lightsaber used by Mace Window :)lol:) in Revenge of the Sith
IMG_9095.jpg

The last 2 runs do not be have to run in 1 go! You could spread the 100 Km or run over 4 weeks if you like! The Marathon can be run in 2 goes if need be.

Those with keen eyes may have noticed that the 5 mile run has only got Spread A Smile logos on the inside. This is because Spread A Smile are celebrating their 5th birthday in April and i thought it fitting to give them something to encourage all of their supporters to get running. ALL money raised will be equally split to both charities.

The images above are just the designs which were sent to the medal manufacturer. As soon as the medals have been produced i will upload a photo, but i'm sure you'll be impressed with them. The medal company 'proof' is below:

The Cost

Rather than pay £35-50 to enter a mass public event such as a Half Marathon or Marathon, plus the added expensive of fuel, parking, hotels etc you pay one very low fee.

It costs just £14 to enter each race (A small discount will be offered for entering more than one race), of that fee £5 goes to my chosen charities (Make A Wish & Spread A Smile). The rest of the money (£9) is absorbed in VAT, medal production, ribbon production, race processing and medal postage. If we have 200 runners thats an extra £1000 charity money and 200 more people adding to their fitness!! I think this is great value for money. Both charities are delighted.

Do more for Charity

As an added bonus, people are encouraged to use their race as an opportunity to raise further charity money for a charity of their choice or maybe even to be added to The Running Stormtrooper Project page https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/thelaststormtrooperrun

Be Sure to Share on Social Media

Please spread the word about this. Tell your friends. Use #thelaststormtrooperrun

Register Now!

Please go to this page to register for your run https://www.myrace.run/race-category/series/stormtrooper/

My Race also have a great Q&A section here: https://www.myrace.run/about-us/faqs/

The medal company have ordered 200 medals. I am hopeful that they will need to order more which they will do if required. If any of the races are 'sold out' they should be available again very soon. We just didn't know how popular this would be so didn't want to over order!

THANK YOU ALL :)

So who has signed up for a race and what one/ones?

Jez 1 Mile, 5 Miles, Marathon and 100 KM
Who else?

Attachments

• IMG_9072.PNG
    IMG_9072.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 127

Jez

Sith Lord
Great to have you on board Taff. I know of several forum members who have signed up.

The medals have now arrived at the myrace company and they are delighted with them. They say that the detailing and 3D effect is awesome. I will be going to their office tomorrow to collect the set i have ordered so i can take them to Farthest From for people to see. I can't wait to see them.

The medal company say that the uptake on this has been great and they have already decided that they will have to place a second order to keep up with demand. Considering that they haven't pushed or promoted it one bit (waiting to have them in hand so they can photograph them) they are impressed that so far over 120 races have been ordered! Thats an extra £600 charity money that wouldn't have been raised and 120 Last Stormtrooper Medals on the streets!

This is the photo they have just sent me!! ITS A MASSIVE 8CM ACROSS!
IMG_4624.JPG

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I've completed all four challenge distances (total of 95 miles) so I did a couple of marathons, a five mile, a ten mile and a half marathon then made up the other c15miles with 3 mile runs. All done in a month.
The medals all arrived in about three days from submitting my data (pictures I'd taken of my Garmin app) and there was even a bonus little bag of sweets too!

Everyone can do this over a few months and in my opinion it is very unlikely that anyone is unable to cover a mile and be awarded a medal... a steady walk for my wife who is very short and unfit takes 15 minutes to walk a mile. This whole thing though is not about time, so pop your shoes on and go for a long walk, take all day... get the bling, get the money over to the kids in need!!!

BC03D3FB-D524-4D3C-857F-BA8EA510358D.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
I've completed all four challenge distances (total of 95 miles) so I did a couple of marathons, a five mile, a ten mile and a half marathon then made up the other c15miles with 3 mile runs. All done in a month.
The medals all arrived in about three days from submitting my data (pictures I'd taken of my Garmin app) and there was even a bonus little bag of sweets too!

Everyone can do this over a few months and in my opinion it is very unlikely that anyone is unable to cover a mile and be awarded a medal... a steady walk for my wife who is very short and unfit takes 15 minutes to walk a mile. This whole thing though is not about time, so pop your shoes on and go for a long walk, take all day... get the bling, get the money over to the kids in need!!!

BC03D3FB-D524-4D3C-857F-BA8EA510358D.jpeg

Congratulations, they do look very good as a set of 4.
Hope to complete ours at the weekend, weather permitting!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom