Woolies 8 Packs & Iris 3 pack

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Well I promised you guys a **** load of photos of the 8 packs so that's what you will get :mrgreen:

There are a lot of bagged figures in them & on closer inspection there are at least 3 baggie types, maybe even 4 considering tape or heat seals, those are -

1. Palitoy small light blue horizontal font
2. Palitoy No Text Heat sealed (Darth)
3. Palitoy Vertical larg black font (leia poncho)

There are some really great baggies in among them with quite a few I had not yet seen including R5 lobot & nikto in bag type 1.

I am not sure as I have never had one in hand b4 but I think the stormtrooper may well be the hard torso variant - just how the heck do I tell though?, also the tri-logo light blue Fett is coo scarred is that normal or is that a rarity guys?.

The pack with Luke Jedi that I presumed had a loose blue Luke Jedi sabre in actually has 2 loose sabres but one is a luke farmboy one & the other is a Ben one, so you get a real mixture in these 8 packs, which only makes them more appealing to me TBH, I am really thrilled to have them & think I will get some acrylic slide back cases made up for them, maybe even try to get a COA from UKG but I don't want them graded for sure as I think that would be pointless, there is tape slip on both packs & more than you would see on a standard baggie, but the tape is like 3 X's the size & length so with never having seen a sealed woolies 8 pack b4 I have nothing to compare to, but I will be asking Del his thought on them, but judging by the other items Allen has & conferring with other collectors so far I presume they may well actually be authentically seals.

I never expected to be honoured enough to own one of these packs & now I have 2, so I am still a bit/lot shell shocked TBH, but in a good way.

The 3 pack (space figures) is really flimsy & you can tell it was made up to shift remaining overstock the same as the 8 packs were, so in a way these items really do belong together even though carded is not my greatest love, this is a really cool item & I feel great having it in my collection.

The 2 pack is a real oddity, it has a solid top R2 & a stormie in it & 2 weapons, sadly it is well & truly opened with a huge hole in the top were the seal runs, I have a distinct feeling after looking at the bag that there were 3 figures in this due to the size/shape of the bag & the 2nd weapon & that as some point one has been removed, possibly a store made bag to accommodate 3 figures that had fallen off cards?? - just a guess but have any of you guys got other ideas/hunches?, strange that the R2 is a solid top though :? as it does not tie in with the date of the other figures.

Anyhow I hope you guys enjoy seeing the photos, if you want any more figure specific one LMK & I will do what I can.

Be real nice to see some others for comparison that have not been Billy Boy'd :|

IMGP9932.jpg

IMGP9934.jpg

IMGP9935.jpg

IMGP9936.jpg

IMGP9937.jpg

IMGP9938.jpg

IMGP9939.jpg

IMGP9940.jpg

IMGP9941.jpg

IMGP9942.jpg

IMGP9943.jpg

IMGP9944.jpg

IMGP9945.jpg

IMGP9946.jpg

IMGP9947.jpg

IMGP9948.jpg

IMGP9949.jpg

IMGP9951.jpg

IMGP9952.jpg

IMGP9953.jpg

IMGP9903.jpg

IMGP9904.jpg

IMGP9906.jpg

IMGP9907.jpg

IMGP9908.jpg

IMGP9911.jpg

IMGP9914.jpg

IMGP9915.jpg

IMGP9916.jpg

IMGP9917.jpg

IMGP9918.jpg

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
WOW Frank those pieces are Stunning and Freakin awesome! Many thanks for the details pics! A COA from UKG is a great Idea and would confirm there are legit :D

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The scar is normal for a tri Fett. The stormy is to me a PBP hard torso variant ( 1 line GMFGI1977 & scar )
I like the Irish giving the Ewoks an extra weapon.

Such awesome pieces :D

Joe

Grand Master
I am really glad Allan came through and even more glad the Woolies 8 packs ended up with you Frank, I don't think there is anyone on the UK scene more deserving of them at the moment to be honest. Great stuff and couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :)

Grant

Sith Lord
Nice items man. Its funny how some of these items started out at 99p and end up being £££.

Regards

Grant.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Nice one Frank. these look great mate. Well chuffed for you. I agree with aj that the stornie looks like the hard torso version.

Top stuff!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thanks you so much for all your kind words guys, great news on the hard torso Stormie as well, as that was a figure that has always had me curios as I have never seen one & its not easy to tell from photos of them, but I can see what they mean now having seen one in the flesh.

I feel really privileged to have these in my collection & will do my best to see they are well looked after & with luck documented further in time, be really great to find others to compare to as well, I hope Del will come back with green lights on these as if he does I will indeed try to get a COA from UKG liam as it will be great to have, never considered a COA for anything b4 in all honesty but this is one item that may be worth having authenticated, that is if they are able to do so.

Yeah it is strange that the pack comes with an extra weapon James, that was one of the things that really swung it for me as I do love weapons errors & miss carded figures, just love the oddball items.

Joe - :oops: thank you m8, I hope I can do them justice.

Grant, its a strange one indeed, but it seems that the items toward the end of the toy line & mostly the cheaper items are the ones that ended up of the hugest values, like the special offer items/last17/& end of line discounted overstock, but the time a lot of this stuff hit the shelf's I imagine most of us of the time period myself included were in to loud music fast woman & fast bikes & SW took a bit of a back seat, hence the scarcity pushing the values up so much, just look at yak.

Chris - lovin your new avatar 8)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Think I will get some slide back acrylic cases made up for the pair of the 8 packs when I can Grant, not sure if I should get the 3 pack graded or just another slide back case on that one though, but I would like to get it in some acrylic for protection as the packaging is very flimsy & I would hate to damage it after its made it this far in such relatively good condition, its not just the bubbles that are thin, the cardboard backer is very flimsy also m8 & fooked if I know what the heck to do about the 2 pack, as that's a real curve ball.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Frank they look fantastic, you've taken some really nice pictures there. As I said before, I'm stoked you got these. At least we know they will stay as 8 packs and not be broken up. Have you tried Christian for cases for them? He's a member on here.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Looking great buddy,loving the 8 packs.I myself actually remember getting one of these back in the day,and also knew someone who worked at Woolies when they were being sold.The last time i spoke to her,she actually said that some were further reduced to 25p when they were trying to get rid of all he stock.i find these price tags very appealing myself,and having a focus on them helps.

Cheers

Lee

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Great Items there Frank, I love the randomness of the 8 pack's, especially the ben and Luke saber thrown in there. Is there any others of these 8 pack documented anywhere? Where they all randomly packed or where there certain ones that packaged up certain figures?

Also very interesting to me that all the irish 3 packs all have figures that where made in Macau but packaged in Ireland, another piece in the jig saw I think can help us work out where certain figures originate from.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
jedi_masters said:
Frank they look fantastic, you've taken some really nice pictures there. As I said before, I'm stoked you got these. At least we know they will stay as 8 packs and not be broken up. Have you tried Christian for cases for them? He's a member on here.

Not tried him, but I think I will give Steve my business as he has been a real star helping me to create just the right case styles for my baggies, so it would not really be fair to go elsewhere, but thanks for the tip Chris :wink:

Palitoy78 said:
Looking great buddy,loving the 8 packs.I myself actually remember getting one of these back in the day,and also knew someone who worked at Woolies when they were being sold.The last time i spoke to her,she actually said that some were further reduced to 25p when they were trying to get rid of all he stock.i find these price tags very appealing myself,and having a focus on them helps.

fooking hell lee, imaging if the SWF members went on an outing & could slip in to the past & we went in to a woolies that had a table full of these marked up at 25p - we would need an ambulance :lol: It would be super cool to find a further reduced 8 pack with the 25p price sticker

tiefighterboy said:
Nice score Frank. I was not sure these would end up in the right hands.

I was of the same mind Todd, thats why I did the 300 mile round trip to make sure they did, sore eyeballs but well worth it IMO - boy am I sad :lol:

snaggletooth said:
Great Items there Frank, I love the randomness of the 8 pack's, especially the ben and Luke saber thrown in there. Is there any others of these 8 pack documented anywhere? Where they all randomly packed or where there certain ones that packaged up certain figures?

Also very interesting to me that all the irish 3 packs all have figures that where made in Macau but packaged in Ireland, another piece in the jig saw I think can help us work out where certain figures originate from.

I would not write to much in to the made in Macau bit if I were you Scott, these were made right at the end of the toy lines life buy someone in Ireland who made there own bootleg packaging for them to spin what cash they could out of a sweet deal (from what I can tell) & I would presume it was just easy to write Made in Macau rather than HK/macau/China etc & a bit of an afterthought IMHO

I also love how random the figure selections are in these packs, I think it was just a case of whatever they had sent in to each store was then bagged up with not a great deal of thought put in to which figures weapons/ figure/weapons combinations ended up in them, but that all seems to add to the novelty value of them IMO, I bloody love these 8 packs so much, glad I went that extra mile & both in distance & in finance & bought both of them, its a close call between these my 15 pack & my baggied power droids as to what I rate highest in my collection.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Hey Frank

Really made up for you mate! Can't think of anyone who I would rather of seen them go to (apart from myself!!!). You must be really happy with them and I bet you'd do the 300 mile trip again now if another one sprung up :lol:
Don't know how you're gonna display them but I'm sure between you and Steve you'll come up with something. Looking forward to seeing it.
Well done
Lee

Grant

Sith Lord
Frank I admire your dedication, Its not everybodies cup of tea going the extra mile to collect things in person. Last year I did a 2000 mile round trip with 2 flights thrown in just to speed up the journey. It was well worth it to me as I acquired a couple of special items for my run and it was a good day out to.

Regards

Grant.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Lee77 said:
Hey Frank

Really made up for you mate! Can't think of anyone who I would rather of seen them go to (apart from myself!!!). You must be really happy with them and I bet you'd do the 300 mile trip again now if another one sprung up :lol:
Don't know how you're gonna display them but I'm sure between you and Steve you'll come up with something. Looking forward to seeing it.
Well done
Lee

I would do that trip again in a heartbeat Lee - why you got a 16 pack? :mrgreen: I'll be right over :lol:

not sure quite how to go about casing these up to make the most out of them, but with my spending of late I have time to think about it b4 I can get some more acrylic wrapped round my collectables, but that's all good as time is good as coming up with something special to display them is what they deserve.

Grant said:
Frank I admire your dedication, Its not everybodies cup of tea going the extra mile to collect things in person. Last year I did a 2000 mile round trip with 2 flights thrown in just to speed up the journey. It was well worth it to me as I acquired a couple of special items for my run and it was a good day out to.

Wowsers 2000 miles, that's not commitment that needing to be committed :lol: thought I was bloody bad, where the hell did you go & may I ask what for? - must have been some shweeeeeet items Grant, I have done the same in my other hobby (marine reefkeeping - growing live corals) I went all the way from Leicester to red car in a day for a single coral & in a bloody 3 wheeler, but boy was it a nice coral this is the one -

IMGP4688.jpg
- on a side note, boy do I miss my tank :(

Mr Kenner said:
Great purchase Frank. Really pleased for you. One Grail item down, two to go!

Thank you so much Anthony & all, I really do appreciate knowing that you think I am going to offer these a good home, so I will do my utmost to keep the Euro baggie flag flying :p

One Grail down indeed m8 & another in the pipeline, hence selling everything I can to fund it, my loose variants may be on the chopping block next, but not sure how I would feel about letting them go as they have been with me a while & I only juts got them out on display after years in boxes, food for thought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom