why are there loads of meccano jawa mocs about

poncho

Grand Master
jared007 said:
As with everything at the moment, you need to see this in comparison with the rest of the market. And the fact is, that ...

jawaMOC.png

Oh ... actually I can't finish that thought as the stats don't support it! Was going to say that the Kenner cards are much more plentiful and they currently have an average of £115, so it's fair for Mecanno 20bk to be £150+

But as some of you have said already, this Meccano 20back is the most common version you can get:

mecanoJawaWins.png

Above are stats for the last 6 months sorted most common (in terms of recorded sales) to least seen. The market is not always rational!

what the hell is that?

is what pete davies bangs on about in the podcast?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Star Wars Tracker
I use it to log and monitor my collection

And.. yes, I believe it is the tracker referred to on the Podcast

jared007

Padawan
SAVORY100 said:
Star Wars Tracker

Yes, Pete uses this to support his market watch segment. I run the project: http://www.starwarstracker.com

poncho

Grand Master
jared007 said:
SAVORY100 said:
Star Wars Tracker

Yes, Pete uses this to support his market watch segment. I run the project: http://www.starwarstracker.com
thats amazing. well done how much does that cost is it monthly payment? blimey you track all the sales your self?

jared007

Padawan
poncho said:
thats amazing. well done how much does that cost is it monthly payment? blimey you track all the sales your self?

There are a few options to choose from as you sign up. All priced in USD from $5 a month through to $30 as one annual payment to cover 12 months. You get a month free trial to decide if it is right for you before any funds are taken.

And yes, I harvest the market data weekly as part of the on-going service.

maxf

Jedi Master
jared007 said:
And yes, I harvest the market data weekly as part of the on-going service.

It looks like a really great service you've developed! Do you harvest from forums and facebook, or just ebay?

jared007

Padawan
x-pack said:
If there are loads about shouldn't they be really cheap? :?

...I'll get me coat

Economics fundamentals would agree with you, but the market is a wild volatile place these days!

jared007

Padawan
maxf said:
It looks like a really great service you've developed! Do you harvest from forums and facebook, or just ebay?

various eBay sites (UK/Euro, US & AUS) and Vectis are the main ones. Forums and facebook are difficult to harvest efficiently, and simply don't have enough volume to be worth it.

poncho

Grand Master
jared007 said:
maxf said:

various eBay sites (UK/Euro, US & AUS) and Vectis are the main ones. Forums and facebook are difficult to harvest efficiently, and simply don't have enough volume to be worth it.
ive sent you a cheeky pm buddy :p

benny100

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Andyclarke said:
Pomse2001 said:
Toytoni maybe have hundreds, does that mean there is also fake ones out there ? :?

No he never had the card backs. What people forget is Toni has had just as much if not more genuine stock than the questionable stuff.

Oh I did not know that, thanks :D
Keep an eye on his eBay page, he seems to have a plentiful supply of Power Droid and Ig-88 on Jedi cards too.

MarkG

Jedi Master
benny100 said:
Keep an eye on his eBay page, he seems to have a plentiful supply of Power Droid and Ig-88 on Jedi cards too.

He's had a fair few of those in his Snoopers Paradise cabinet over the last 6 months or so...very good condition too... he's also had the occasional Meccano Jawa as well so he must still have stock. He does tend to drip feed stuff out from time to time. Trilogo AWing pilots popped up a while back too.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
benny100 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Andyclarke said:
No he never had the card backs. What people forget is Toni has had just as much if not more genuine stock than the questionable stuff.

Oh I did not know that, thanks :D

For those thinking of buying from Toy Toni, I wouldn't piss on the guy if he was on fire. Just saying...

:p

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom