Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmamonster

Padawan
Hi all,
Had alot of star wars stuff when i was a kid , kept all of it till about 9-10 years ago then sold a few figures on evilbay.
Just found this forum and thought i would join up.
I enjoyed star wars when i was younger but have drifted away from it as i grew up.
I have loads of the toys and figures all with the weapons and some with the boxes, a fair few of the cards but most of them had the pictures on the back ticked off as i collected them.
I wont lie to you and say i will be a valued forum user cause to be honest all i want to do is sell my stuff. Its all original and from the first star wars , late 70s.
Once i get my head around this forum i will see how you go about selling stuff, i have read a few of the wanted adds but not replied to any yet.
Atb.
Mart

Berminator

Youngling
Hi everyone,

My name is Luke and I have been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember. I was named after Luke Skywalker, the story is my parents were watching Star Wars and liked the name Luke. When I was a child I had POTF2 figures, but sold them all when was a bit older. Only recently I have started collecting and I am all about the vintage. There is just something magical about it and I love it.

I am currently focusing on the complete loose figure set (not variants) as well as the loose 12 inch range. I think for obvious reasons I am going to focus on Luke when I have completed that; mainly Farm Boy, but wold want MOC for all the different Lukes.

I live in London so please let me know about anything going in down this way. I have tickets to Celebratin and looking forward to my first Farthest. I look forward to getting to know you all over time and have loved the Star Wars collecting community.

MTFBWY!

Jez

Sith Lord
Welcome to the forum AJ, BA, Stefan, Wes, Elias, Jeremy, Chris, Mart and Luke. Welcome to SWFUK.
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Wow, great to see so many new members look forward to your comtributions and welcome aboard.

Bewchacca

Youngling
Hi All,

Joined the board today.

I have loved Star Wars since going to the cinema at the age of 4 and with my Dad and watching Episode 4. I had most of the toys when I was younger, but of course my Mum threw them out in an over zealous clear out sometime in the mid to late 80s!

I have decided to start collecting the figures, and am only concentrating on MOC examples. I know it is going to cost me a lot of money what with the new film just coming out and the world going Star Wars crazy!

Hope to speak to you soon!

Name: Chris (Although everyone calls me Bob)
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Godalming, Surrey
Kids: 2
Pets: A 120l tropical fish tank with it's in-mates
Collecting Focus: Vintage MOC, preferably Tri-Logo
Character Focus: Vader first off!

Collecting interest: All ranges of MOC's inc Kenner, GDE Canadian, Palitoy and all european cardbacks.

Looking For
- Specifically Luke Bespin MOC's (all card issues), Luke Bespin proofs including Revenge Proof
- Stormtrooper MOC's, Proofs

wolfgangmhz

Hi folks,

My name is John, I'm in my late thirties and I love me some Star Wars. Big original trilogy fan - I was the right age to grow up playing with the toys alongside friends. I had a half decent collection packed away for 20 years but the hype for TFA reignited the passion so I have my figs and ships out once more and have started collecting again. I'm based in Ireland, so am happy to hear from any fellow local collectors who eye any bargains/new wave figure releases.

Here's my current lot of old school figs.

http://imgur.com/hCcV7x4

Cheers!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Welcome Chris. Another Surrey boy onboard - nice! I live near Reigate/Redhill. Welcome Wolfgang and all other new members. You will love Star Wars Forum UK, plenty of information and discussion, great sales threads and plenty of laughs. Get involved :D

Andy

artcoreone

New aboard so I think it's nice to introduce myself a bit.

Name: Daniel
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Hungary (expat) Dutch from birth
Collecting Vintage MOC (focus is mainly ESB)
Collection mainly ESB but also ANH, ROTJ, POTF 1, Proof, Mailer, Cromalin, Revenge and Gentle Giant 12" based on Kenner series)
SW (fan) from 1977 (yes indeed as a little kiddo already fascinated)
More serious collecting SW toys since 2010 after finding one item in an old box I forgot about, I have lost my old collection earlier :/

I also have a few questions hoping to find an answer :)

As it is a blasphemy to open a unopened mailerbox (original tape is still firmly attached) I was hoping if someone could give me an answer what figure is inside on the basis of the box size :)
As I use the metric system I will give the sizes in cm (13,3 X 5 X 2,5) It's a complete white mailerbox.
It's not Ackbar or Emperor.

Other thing is that I want to find a good company (preferable mainland Europe) who does have acryl display cases for vintage SW cards.

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Hi everyone,
I just re-joined the forum today after having registered a couple of years ago, but was never happy with my username, so never posted anything with it, so here goes.
I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan, (born 1976), so caught the bug early, and remember my first trip to the cinema to see TESB as my first Star Wars cinema experience.
I have managed to retain my childhood toys, and I'm steadily closing in on completing the line of figures from 1977-1985, but tend to pick up modern stuff too- having lived through the 'bleak' years in the late 80's/ early 90's, the POTF2 range was very welcome. :D

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Greetings. My collecting compardre 'clarkspie&chips' persuaded me to join the group as he was fed up with me stalking the forum and not having the balls to join. I have been in denial for too long, in fear of the financial implications of becoming an actual member!! I have been a star wars toy collector since mid 80s and have my parents to thank for making sure I kept hold of all my toys. I lost interest like most people late 80s til mid 90's when I started working my way round car boot sales and local toy fairs picking up bits and pieces. I'm a Sucker for a nice MOC so my interest remains firmly focused on this area of collecting, but my budget limits my spending. Call me a casual collector who likes to dip my toes in from time to time.....! Nice to be part of forum, thanks for having me x

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Nita Nitro said:
Hi everyone,
I just re-joined the forum today after having registered a couple of years ago, but was never happy with my username, so never posted anything with it, so here goes.
I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan, (born 1976), so caught the bug early, and remember my first trip to the cinema to see TESB as my first Star Wars cinema experience.
I have managed to retain my childhood toys, and I'm steadily closing in on completing the line of figures from 1977-1985, but tend to pick up modern stuff too- having lived through the 'bleak' years in the late 80's/ early 90's, the POTF2 range was very welcome. :D

How do Stevie, glad you finally got here! :D

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
stratpack said:
Nita Nitro said:
Hi everyone,

How do Stevie, glad you finally got here! :D

Cheers, Rickenbacker, it is a good feeling to finally post on here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom