Watch out! Post Fakes, Repros, Customs selling on ebay here

itfciain

Grand Master
If they are as bad as they sound then I think the buyer will have trouble selling them - they sound pretty bloody awful !

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah, it will be very obvious they've been painted and very difficult to sell without having them returned. They will not look right even to the most novice of novices.

PGowdy

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Hi, i thought we needed a thread for general "watch out" items on ebay. Fakes, customs, repros selling as original etc.

To start off here's something which came up today. The seller has a fake Yoda MOC. and a Jawa which i'm assuming is fake tho i'm not 100%. (take a look)
He was offered £300 and did not take it so i'm not sure he knows he has customs. The whole lot is not even worth 100 quid. I have messaged him so we'll see what he says.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Star-Wars-Collection-/280710987623?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item415badbf67#ht_2507wt_125
Screenshot2011-07-25at113405.png

The buyer left feedback on this item so i have contacted them and told them that they were knowingly sold fake items. I'm still not 100% on the Jawa (85%) so if someone else can give me an opinion on that. It's fine me saying it's fake to this buyer but i need to state why. All i've got so far is the punch is too central.
Anyway, i'll let you know how this one turns out.

Oto

Padawan
The Jawa bubble is wrong, the stem at the bottom is about half the length it should be. There should be about 2-3cm of yellow showing below the footer card and the Jawa's head should be VERY close to the top of the bubble.

PGowdy

Grand Master
I also got a message back from the buyer telling me to mind my own business and that the items have been varufued by an expert (so soon!!?> :lol:) and that he would forward my message onto the seller... i then receive a message from the seller with the old "who do you think you are.. what gives you the right?" etc etc and further bullshit to that effect.
So either the buyer is in complete denial or badly misinformed or this is the seller and not only was he knowingly selling fake goods but also shill bidding on them. Very strange.
Can't work it out myself. The "buyer" was as angry as the seller that i had contacted them to inform them they had been ripped off.
Honestly, you try and help people... :roll:

itfciain

Grand Master
Mate

You defo did the right thing and if this wasnt dodgy then the seller wouldnt react that way. As for having thm valued, then what a crock. I am with you, this was a shill bid that went wrong - maybe egged on by the £300 offer ?

Anyway - we'll see if it turns up again eh

PGowdy

Grand Master
The whole saga. Note i resisted the urge to be rude or get aggressive... not easy when confronted with this kind of idiocy...

Screenshot2011-07-25at185237.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at185255.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at185409.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at185308-1.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at200342.png

itfciain

Grand Master
Not an expert but don't think that these are written by the same person.

I can not believe that someone has varified these but if this is the case then the buyer has got exactly what he/she deaerves

poncho

Grand Master
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-SPARES-COMLINK-CLOUD-PILOT-/170672818165?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27bce487f5

"LOOKS TO BE ORIGINAL...................." clearly there not when he has over 10 @ buy it now £1.25...stear clear from this seller newbies

Joe

Grand Master
Wow Pete I don't know what to say after reading those messages :roll:

I think the least someone would do if they got a message explaining their purchase was fake would be to research it and say thanks for the heads up! lol

PGowdy

Grand Master
I know. Astonishing isn't it?? Someone has suggested that perhaps these two are the same people... which would make a bit more sense. I don't know. I'll let y'all know if either of them get back to me. I will be watching his sales very carefully and if he sells similar items, his customers will receive another email from me... :wink:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Just watch out for this one. The description is confusing cos the guy babbles on about lofts and children and all sorts of irrelevant **** like so many idiots selling junk on ebay do.
But this lot is filled with fake mocs and repro weapons.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-star-wars-Last-17-/250872406122?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3a6929206a#ht_500wt_1156

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom