variants

Ive been trying to find a site with every variant and rarity but came up blank. TIG is pretty good but Ive been thinking about starting a website with everything on it. At the minute Im just putting feelers out to see if theres a need for this, what do you guys reckon
David

escapist

Jedi Knight
I refer to this one quite a bit, but it hasn't been updated in a while.

http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/starwars.php

An Über database with pictures showing all variations would be amazing, but a tall order for anyone involved!!

escapist said:

An Über database with pictures showing all variations would be amazing, but a tall order for anyone involved!!

Thanks for the link, I dont think Ive seen that site. Its sort of what Im after but want to document all variants under different tags. for instance a list of all lukes, meccano, pbp, ect.
Tough job but I think it could help all of folks out, including myself :wink:

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
escapist said:

I have that bookmarked on my fone :) haha

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great idea David, I have been thinking the same for years and I also want to create such a guide. But why not do it on the this forum ?

escapist

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
Great idea David, I have been thinking the same for years and I also want to create such a guide. But why not do it on the this forum ?

That would be amazing. Imagine a whole section of the forum devoted to variants. Each figure could have its own thread! :)

Joe

Grand Master
escapist said:
Pomse2001 said:

That would be amazing. Imagine a whole section of the forum devoted to variants. Each figure could have its own thread! :)

Actually that sounds like hell :D Just a heads up - SWF will not be going down that route ;) A new section filled with hundreds of pictures of extremely similar figures and 10 pages of COO discussion is not what SWF is about :D

If you want loose variation chat TIG might be a better option? There are also some extremely helpful FOTW (figure of the week) threads over on RS for each and every figure (something that TIG did too)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have been on tig and I did not like it :cry:

Joe is right we don't need a whole new section to talk about a figure or a vehicle.

escapist

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
Actually that sounds like hell :D Just a heads up - SWF will not be going down that route ;) A new section filled with hundreds of pictures of extremely similar figures and 10 pages of COO discussion is not what SWF is about :D

If you want loose variation chat TIG might be a better option? There are also some extremely helpful FOTW (figure of the week) threads over on RS for each and every figure (something that TIG did too)

Hah point taken! :lol:

I'm on TIG but never post. It feels safer here...

Dr Dengar

Padawan
Joe said:

You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the variants.

hannibal-lecter_zps5c715956.jpg

8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
"Oohhh look it's a slightly raised bar no COO Klaatu skiff guard. Isn't this amazing!? The bar isn't quite as raised as it is on my raised bar Klaatu, but it's definitely not a no bar. I think I've found a new variant!" Cue me reaching for my gun!

I just dont get variants. The major colour variants I can understand, blue snag, VCJ, LL, Glasslite I can see the attraction in. But collecting figures cos they have a raised bar or not, on them! Seriously!? YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE!

When the variation you're talking about requires a magnifying glass to spot, I think you should probably realise............you need help! :lol:

Nah, each to their own, but variants and pages and pages of pictures with bugger all discernible difference in them is right up there with watching paint dry! Some may be keen to do it, but I suspect a lot of collectors have a similar opinion as me. Happy to be proved wrong.

Richard_H

Grand Master
For once you're not talking bollocks, I agree with all of this even though I don't know what a bar is. I'm the same with cards and boxes, I understand why... And I understand majors, but price stickers, special offers!!!

I'm going to complete all my loosies with major variations, but coo etc - no thanks.

walkie

Sith Lord
weasel said:
I just dont get variants. The major colour variants I can understand, blue snag, VCJ, LL, Glasslite I can see the attraction in. But collecting figures cos they have a raised bar or not, on them! Seriously!? YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE!

When the variation you're talking about requires a magnifying glass to spot, I think you should probably realise............you need help! :lol: .

Well i'm a variant collector and proud to say so, however I feel "us" variant collectors are not all the same, we too have variants!!

1) Major Variants (ie paint colours/different accessories)
2) COO collectors
3) Everything!!

I fall in the first catogory as I collect major variants like Kenner, Glasslite, Lili Ledy, etc because they usually have unique paint ops and weapons...

A nice example is below, this is the UNIQUE gun which comes with the Top Toys Stormtrooper from Argentina....

Imperial%20Blaster%20V9%20TopToys%20Pic%202.jpg

And if you wanted one of these your a few days too late, I sold one of these on this very website last week.

Thanks, Walkie

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom