Tri-Logo Ben Kenobi & 21 Back Luke X-Wing

threesheepio

Padawan
Hi all,

First time poster here... just getting back into the hobby after a lengthy break.

Looking to sell or trade a couple of pieces to fund new purchases and wondered what the value on these two might be?

Tri-Logo Ben - the marks on the upper part of the card are staple holes... a shame really because the rest of the card is very nice and just the one ding to the lower left of the bubble. Still displays really well, nice clear bubble.

JeZhf6.jpg

0rjFWk.jpg

f39h82.jpg

AfiU0a.jpg

SW 21 Back Luke X-Wing

One large crease which runs from the top-middle to the right-middle of the card and some veining in the top left. Does break the colour slightly on the front but not on the back. Couple of dings to the bubble which is nice and clear. Displays very well given the flaws.

sJws24.jpg

lcuwRE.jpg

oH3LvR.jpg

cQO1fv.jpg

Appreciate your opinions on pricing for sale or trade.

Cheers

Joe

Grand Master
The staple holes on the Ben Trilogo might put the AFA fans off but I'm sure plenty of ungraded collectors would be happy with him in that condition, I would say about £100-130. SW figures on Trilogo cards seem to be getting a bit more love lately but the majority (including Ben) are all still quite common Trilogos to find.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Interesting to see another Tri-logo with three sets of staple holes. I have a Tusken Raider that has three such sets. Joe, I know Palitoy QC example have, typically, the green stickers applied, but is there any kind of theory as to where these cards with staple holes originated or have there been any cards found that have anything actually stapled to them?

Joe

Grand Master
There were QC index cards stapled to Kenner products, they look like this: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=61499

Don't get too excited though, I don't think one of those index cards has ever been found on a Trilogo, only stickers. The closest thing I can think of is a Kenner Ewoks Dulok figure with the card that states "For Palitoy" on it but no Tris.

It's far more likely that some twonk stapled it to their wall or one of those chipboard/noteboard things that everyone had in the 90's..like this: http://trilogo.info/wp-content/gallery/misc-star-wars/unnamed-1.jpg (Don't click the link if you are squeamish!)

Some dealer might even have stapled a multipack header shut at some point too..especially if he had previously removed an ERG or CCP from it to sell separately :roll:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe said:
There were QC index cards stapled to Kenner products, they look like this: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=61499

Don't get too excited though, I don't think one of those index cards has ever been found on a Trilogo, only stickers. The closest thing I can think of is a Kenner Ewoks Dulok figure with the card that states "For Palitoy" on it but no Tris.

It's far more likely that some twonk stapled it to their wall or one of those chipboard/noteboard things that everyone had in the 90's..like this: http://trilogo.info/wp-content/gallery/misc-star-wars/unnamed-1.jpg (Don't click the link if you are squeamish!)

Some dealer might even have stapled a multipack header shut at some point too..especially if he had previously removed an ERG or CCP from it to sell separately :roll:

That's really interesting, Joe, thanks for sharing. Although now I'm feeling slightly ill :shock: The theory on the multipack sounds possible. Will have to pull the Tusken and see where the staple holes are, as I think they were a little random for sticking on a board, but I guess it's quite possibly the work of a dealer....

threesheepio

Padawan
Thanks for the info guys, fascinating stuff.

I've always thought the staple holes were the work of some genius stapling it to something for display, but the holes are a bit random and excessive for that and I found it hard to believe anyone was that stupid.

Bit of a mystery. Will be interested to see Scruffy's Tusken Raider for comparison.

Anyone any idea of a value on the Luke X-Wing?

Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom