this new thing on ebay

wozza35

Jedi Knight
This new thing on ebay is really bad i think where it is only bidder 1 or 2 etc ,i was looking at mobile phones and there were loads of obviously corrupt bids of like Ã'£2000 for a phone that normally goes for about Ã'£50 but the worst thing is you dont know who has done the bidding and then you cant look out for them in future :evil:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
They brought this new system to try and protect people from scam 2nd chance offers amongst other things.

However they didn't really think it through and it does make shill bidding a lot easier. The new system kicks in when the bidding goes over Ã'£100.

I won an auction in January shortly after it came in. The 2nd bidder was almost certainly a shill bid (should have been Ã'£30 -Ã'£40 cheaper) but I had no way of proving it as none of the info was available - other than they had 100% bids, 8 bids on 5 items on that sellers auctions in 4 separate categories :shock:

A better system would be were the winning bidder can see all the bidding info as usual - you are unlikely to be sending yourself a scam 2nd chance offer :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
AndyG said:
A better system would be were the winning bidder can see all the bidding info as usual - you are unlikely to be sending yourself a scam 2nd chance offer :roll:

genius :D

though Ebay make more money with shill bidders out there :evil:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I used to like looking at who was bidding on some rare items, especially if I wasn't sure an item was 100% genuine or not. If I saw some names I recognised bidding I would always be tempted to have a bid myself !! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom