THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 57 LAUNCHED

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
Many thanks for another great podcast guys, it amazes me how you keep churning them out and maintain the quality, keep it up!
What I really found fascinating this time was the articles about Rob Cobb, without this episode I would never have heard of this guy, and he is an absolute fricking genius!
For someone as talented as Mark Daniels to hold him in high regard I had to find some examples of his work.
So after listening, I found his website http://www.roncobb.net/film.html
What hasn't this gifted artist been involved in, on the website are some stunning pencil sketches, for example just look at the detail in the drawing of Jones in his cat box from Alien!
And then look at the designs for the Alien space craft seats, I could go on...
As Mark said this guy could fill a book easily and I would love to see it produced on day soon.
So thanks Pete and Mark for bringing this guy to my attention, and I would urge anyone with even a small interest in Si Fi art to look this up, I promise that you won't be disappointed!
Thanks.

Agreed! Thanks for the link, Nick. I'm surprised he's not so well known. He's been pivotal in so many iconic designs and films, you'd think he'd have far more notoriety.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Just a huge "thank you" to all you guys from TVRP for all your efforts putting some hours of pure Star Wars Vintage Fun on air every month.
Your knowledge and passion for vintage Star Wars stuff is so rousing and fascinating.

Really enjoyed listening, especially the interviews. Jared seems to be such a nice guy - unbelieveable how much hours he's spending on developing and updating the tracker.
Also Mark Daniels - love it, when people are in so much enthusiasm in their work/hobbies and putting together so much knowledge on it.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think I've ever seen that POTF A-Wing proof sheet before, what an amazing piece that is. Probably the coolest bit of 2D pre-prod I've seen.

jared007

Padawan
Many thanks for having me on this month as main interview guest. I really appreciated the opportunity to talk a bit more in depth about Star Wars Tracker and what goes on behind the scenes, and why I do things the way I do. If anyone ever has any comments or questions I'm always keen to hear them.

Great podcast, it just goes from strength-to-strength!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great episode as ever. I found the discussion about the A Wing very interesting. I've come to conclusion that I've ran out of space so my dream of completing a run of all the ships is over. I have a few and they take up so much room. The fact that the A Wing and Skiff are so expensive has reinforced my decision. The A Wing was never on my radar as a kid so I can't imagine I'll ever get one. Interesting to hear all about it though.

You've had some great interviews over the last few episodes Darren Mcaleese talking about the Trilogo Madine's and 'Roundster' Paul Davis. Nice to hear Jarred Cope on this month. I've met him a few times and he's a really nice bloke. The tracker is a great resource which I'd definitely recommend.

Wasn't aware of Ron Cobb until this episode, hope the book comes together one day. Phenomenal designs.

Well done on the award last episode. The show just gets better!

Well done to Jez for completing his tour.

Nice to hear Star Trekking again after many years!

Thanks for the hard work.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Another thoroughly enjoyable listen. I especially loved hearing about Ron Cobb. Like Mark I first become aware of him through Aliens. His amazing design work is rightly up there with the best. A book of his would be fantastic and would be the perfect companion to the one I have about Syd Mead.
A great interview with Jared as well, fascinating stuff about the Tracker and how the information is added.and collated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom