The start of a long road - Trilogo collection

Joe

Grand Master
Started in November :
januar10.jpg

Got a little bored with Kenner so decided to sell of what I had and go for tris as they are far more interesting for me.

8D8 collection still going if anyone was worried (or happy lol)

This is the proof run so far.
proofr10.jpg

proofr11.jpg

Cromalin, 77bk uncut, 79bk uncut, 77bk production like.

In the summer I will probably do a major overhaul of all my pictures and do some update if I land anything worth showing off :)

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
Joe,

Glad to see the 8D8 stuff has survived and must say loving the uncut proofs.

The tri-logo stuff is pretty awesome as well especially when you consider you have only been collecting it since november.

I am just getting back into my collecting after starting to sell off my chewie collection adn intend to sort out a limelight of my new items and focus collections in the next week or so.

been back on the boards here for a week or so and have to say it is good to get back to some sanity. :D

Steve

spoons

Grand Master
Great stuff Joe - the 8D8s are great but the colours of the tris together look amazing. Far better than a Kenner run :D

PGowdy

Grand Master
You're a sick dude Joe. Amazing run already dude. Well done.
Are you mainly going for ROTJ figs or just what comes along?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Great collection Joe. 8)
Are you hoping to eventually track down a Jawa and Madine or are you happy to take reseals for them?

BTW, the 8D8 proofs actually look really cool!

stevemac1976 said:
been back on the boards here for a week or so and have to say it is good to get back to some sanity

Ehhh "sanity" on here!? :?

Joe

Grand Master
Cheers guys :) I have really enjoyed picking these up, it'll only get slower from here on in now the majority of the easier ones have been done but I am here for the long haul so theres plenty of time :D

Pete + Weaz - Going for the lot if I can do it with the exception of Madine, the older I get the more disposable income I plan to have so I am leaving the big boys for last ;) I will get a Palitoy ROTJ Madine with a double stem bubble as I don't think he warrants a 7-8K price tag.

Jawa in the RS classifieds for 2K- pricey but a bit closer to normality for me!

Thanks again guys + will keep you updated on progress :D

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very impressive start to the collection Joe,they all look to be excellent condition! 8)

Have you tried to remove any dings or are you just gonna leave them as they are?

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks Mark- I have pulled a few dents out but been pretty lucky on the bubbles so far- did you see that IG?? :shock: Was brand new!

Joe

Grand Master
köszönöm!

The 8D8's are a character focus yep- clipper catalogue, Macao stickered, 70b + 70c variations (I still need an italian import sticker and the PBP hybrid)

AT-ST = 70B+70C (one was a gift! :D )

Wicket = I bought 8 cards from one seller and he mistakenly sent me a wicket instead of a Rancor Keeper lol but he will sort it out soon :)

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe said:
Thanks Mark- I have pulled a few dents out but been pretty lucky on the bubbles so far- did you see that IG?? :shock: Was brand new!

Yes mate,the IG bubble was a cracker! :D

The only issue was the few spider veins at the top,apart from that it was perfect! 8)

paulaura

Padawan
The trilogos look great together like that.

I tried putting a set together a couple of years ago, and some of the figures were impossible to find with good bubbles.

Good luck with the rest of the run. 8)

scottie_boy

Padawan
Always enjoy seeing a tri logo focus, the picture variations adding a little something else for anyone who enjoy's packaging variations from the wider Star Wars universe (Harbert/Takara/Clipper etc).

Will you be throwing some tri logo miscards into that collection as well, how you end up with Biker Scout on R5D4's card is a mystery, but definitely brings a smile to the face.

"Tri logo" and "good bubble" rarely being found in the same sentence. :mrgreen:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Nice work Joe. The Tri Logos look great mate so keep up the good work. As for the 8d8 pre-production stuff, quality. 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Tatsie-
http://toyfixer.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/how-can-i-pull-the-dent-out-of-a-bubble/

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1740-moc-tip-trilogo-bubble-dents

the hesler

Padawan
Nice indeed - Trilogos look in good condition too. Loving the proofs. Anyone shine light on the proofs I know they will b e what the cradbacks were made from but are they from the meetings they would have decided upon which direction to go?

The Hoth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom