The LEGO Corner

sith-smith

Grand Master
kingshearer said:
Mine stuff's from 1979-83 ish.

Just had a look at the monorails and Ghostbusters stuff never knew about them they all look pretty cool.

That stuff is great. Been trying to put a complete boxed collection together 8)

sith-smith

Grand Master
I have the ecto1 and will eventually get the HQ.

Been trying to put all the modular sets together. Still to get the bank, but been having a nightmare getting the Corner Café. Not so much finding one, but getting conned on every one I have got via eBay! :twisted: :roll:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I had planned on building the sandcrawler over Christmas, but got distracted with the lego railway stuff!! 8)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Be prepared for more Lego distractions this year then

A load more Force Awakens sets coming our way, yet another X-Wing among them (Poe's blue one this time)
Some big SW Rebels sets including Darth's Tie Advance and A-Wing, with an all new cartoon styled Darth...
3 new ultimate sets, Echo Base, Snowspeeder and a new Death Star

Superheroes looks good, 4 Captain America sets (giant Ant-Man figure), some great Spider-Man and on Dr Strange set and three sets containing the Suicide Squad film character, but not directly linked to the film we think.

Lots of other news coming out of the London Toy Fair, but I don't tend to look much beyond the SW and Superhero news.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice list of new sets! Looking forward to seeing Echo Base and the Snowspeeder the most out of those. So, a Death Star IV eh? Think they're missing a trick there. They would have done better with a Starkiller Base for a couple of years before going back to the classic Death Star. Of course, the drawback there is it would have send the secondary market for the last Death Star nuts and with prices for sealed examples already topping £470 who knows where it would have ended.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
No real details on the Star Wars Lego. The norm is for images to surface at the New York toy fair in a few weeks time.

The echo base has been roumored for a while now, there was a new Lego video released a few months back - http://www.lego.com/en-gb/starwars/videos/lego-star-wars-battle-of-hoth-36588d36adff47caa54429677235100a and this is meant to be what the new base is based on, we also know it will cost $250, so expect a dollar to pound conversion there.

The Death Star is a murky one, but it has been reported that it is an update of the current one, all new printings on the figures and details on the base. Star killer base might have been interesting but I doubt they want to push a £300 force awakens set just yet, where as the Death Star is the set that just won't stop selling and the figures and design do look a little dated now.

Pictures of a few sets are now online from the German toy fair this week, http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-nuremberg-toy-fair-2016-set-images/ worth checking out the Spider-Man Brookline bridge set...

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Picked this up from Asda today - no way I could walk past it :D

WP_20160206_07_57_52_Pro_zpsnvq260jh.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's amazing that these sets aren't available in the US yet, not sure what the delay is but it's a great set for sure.

This is what I'm really waiting for though - http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Classic-TV-Series-Batcave-76052

:D

Ian

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
That Lego carbonate chamber is one of the best, as soon as I saw it the other day I thought it's a definite one to buy. I also like the Throne Room/Final Battle one as well, bit more expensive but well worth it. Good that Lego are still bringing out good OT sets, despite having loads of new content to develop.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I like the carbon chamber set, but would hope it's part of a much bigger set. Would definitely be cool to see other Bespin items you could add to it. 8)

Latest posts

Top Bottom