The LEGO Corner

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Anyone have a clue how much one of these is worth, my borther in law has one form the toy shop he used to run with my wife

its huge and has its own lightsource

[youtube]RlePppAUba4[/youtube]

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Hey
Those displays can be worth a little but mainly to display collectors (funnily enough :)). the lego pieces tend to be glued together so not much good for parts or building fun. I have seen a few from other themes go for £150 or more some up to £250.
The set itself is the 7962-1 2011 model (RRP was £80), to be fair i would guess to a collector and as it is SW around £150-£200 might not be far off, could go for more on Evilbay off course. Experts on Brickset might know more though, i'm not a display expert.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Pretty damn impressive :shock:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57577773-1/behold-an-amazing-200000-piece-lego-alien-city/

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
:shock: that is bloody impressive, wouldn't know where to start building a piece like that! I think a Naboo or Coruscant scene would be a good project for him.

mumbo

Sith Lord
He would certainly do it justice but I reckon that would be too restricting for him, little freedom or limited use of that amazing imagination :) they have some interesting scenes at the sw display in legoland but this shits all over them.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Just a heads up to spend money but the May the 4th Lego promo is running again this year. Nothing amazing on offer (that I have heard), a nice Han Solo MiniFigs with £50 or more, free shipping and a poster. The new Red 5 X-Wing will go on sale (£170...) and apparently the B-Wing will be at half price due to what even Lego call poor sales. There will be some 10% off some other SW lego sets as well. There is always the hope of a better deals, who knows but on the surface it looks average at best, even so I think a Red 5 X-Wing is in order.

On the superhero front i think there will be an exclude Iron Man polybag at the end of the month with purchases, also see images of a Jor-El polybag but no idea what it will be promoted with.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Yo fellas. I know this isnt star wars but knowing nothing about Lego i wondered if anyone could give me a valuation on this Lego Pirate ship please. As far as i can see it is complete apart from the parrot which you can get on ebay for 99p, and a lantern.
Thanks in advance guys n gals.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Hey Chiffy
As the number on the instructions say this set is Brickbeards Bounty No. 6243. It was released in 2009 and had 592 Pieces, full details here - http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6243-1

I don't think today's value is much above the original RRP though, maybe £10 or so, that said it doesn't seem to come up for sale often on Evilbay or others.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Thanks for the info Roo very interesting. Would you advise me selling it on ebay or on some kind of lego forum?

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Pirates is popular so they do seem to sell well, especially discontinued sets. I would set yourself up on brickset get a more rounded valuation and try to sell there, I have no doubt it will shift and no fees so best option I think. If you that it is much like here, they like a good intro etc. but are generally very nice and helpful.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Did anyone take Lego up on their incredibly poor sales offer on SW items today? Overall the worst May the 4th sale ever. That said i still went for the new Red Five, which is an essential item really when you think about it :) (Note, shipped to office to avoid the marital police...) and the poster and Han Figure are nice.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I am sure the hardened Lego fans here know this already but new has sort of broken on two previously only wished for SW LEgo sets due to hit stores this year. Figures crossed this is for real but we should be getting our first Degaba Yoda's Hut since the early 00's, the word is this will be a smallish set so no x-wing as there is alreay one on sale on its own. My hope is for a hut and for a dark Vader Tree incounter peice that sees us get Yoda, R2, Luke and Vader Luke... that would be sweet.

The second is a UCS Ewok Village... No details other than it has been given a 10xxx model number. The roumor is it will be around the £200 mark so it should be big and have plenty of good figures, again i am hoping for a Spirt Yoda, Anakin and Vader figure along with Leia, Han and a few Ewoks playing the stormtrooper drums.... This one could be epic, that said it could be an epic miss eather way excited to see what it looks like and how much it will cost me :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I'll snag some images later but Ewok Village goodness - http://www.fbtb.net/2013/06/01/10236-ewok-village-revealed/#more-21475

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I quite like the look of that ewok village, plus comes with loads of mini figs. Looks like a set they can make add on sets to pretty easily.

I do however like the sound of the Degoba Yoda set, if it is true will be getting me one of them.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Ewok village aside just seen the new sail barge and gunship are up for sale on S@H, just cashed in a load of VIP points for those :) the Jor El MiniFigs that is free is quite nice as well.

Wild Whiphid

Padawan
How about this vintage-inspired custom Death Star playset?

http://titansterrorstoys.blogspot.nl/2012/12/rebuilding-kenners-star-wars-micro.html

DeathStar-World-01.jpg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
It might be a while before i get to build these (some major space issues at home) but these lovely spanky new Lego models arrived today....
I missed out on both of these a few years ago so there was no way i was this time out. at some point i am going to revise my Jabbas Palace build and try to set it up so i get the palace, Rancor Pit, Sarlacc and barges all in a single display (Probably when my wife divorces me and I am living in a bedsit somewhere with only my Lego and toys for company :) )

Roll on Ewok Village now.

Attachments

• LegoLovelyness.jpg
    LegoLovelyness.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 381
Top Bottom