THE FORCE AWAKENS - Theatrical Poster - IT'S HERE!!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Love it and no Luke makes it evan more exciting, probably won't see him in the trailer either.

It's keeping in line with all the other 6 theatrical posters.

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
The fact there's no Luke you have to make the following deductions:
He's either:
-Not in it much and being saved for further films
-He's not in it much and dies early doors
-He is in it but for some reason they don't put him on the main poster( don't buy that)
-He's Kylo Ren- note gloves similar to Luke

I hope it's 1 or 2 and if he does bite it, goes out in spectacular fashion and not just crushed by an AT at like in Battlefield.

Also big call that the main hero , in largest form is a female. Any other films where that's the case in an action movie? Fair play for SW for doing that.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
TrisCompany said:
Also big call that the main hero , in largest form is a female. Any other films where that's the case in an action movie? Fair play for SW for doing that.

Ripley.

But I agree, there's not many others.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
Just my view, but I think less is more. The revenge/return poster was amazing - I think it summed up everything you needed to know about it.

210dbtt.jpg

I'm so agreeing with you. A truly beautiful image.

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
Yeah Ripley. Sigourney Weaver was badass, also Resident Evil works- have a guilty pleasure for those films, I doubt TFA will have the same sort of pumping trance soundtrack and gratuitous violence slomos, be great if it did though.

Gi Jane on the other hand...

Frozen has elements of action...

_Lee_

Sith Lord
TrisCompany said:
-He's not in it much and dies early doors
-He's Kylo Ren- note gloves similar to Luke

If either happens it will prove how much of a twat Abrams is. Just the thought of Luke turning makes the whole SW saga seem pointless, hypocrytical and in his eyes a load of bollocks. It will sour what was once a great saga, and for people who see it will find it hard to ignore.

Superfan my arse, JJ is going to **** this up-guaranteed. Ive aaid it before, he is a terrible director and will ruin SW.

Lee

P.S. i thought this was a vintage section ;) :)

grinchy

Sith Lord
I like the poster, and i to wonder where Luke is? can't be kylo, just no, i think Luke turning would take the shine of it for me
So the trailer drops tomorrow night in america, anyone know if it'll be on star wars.com tomorrow after that?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Luke's not Kilo Ren and the rumours are looking like most the film is about finding Luke Skywalker, probably won't see him till the end. :)

Just my thinking anyway. :?

I agree if he did turn it would be stupid and evan I would struggle defending it. :lol:

starshipriot

Jedi Master
I honestly dont think Luke will show up until 5 mins before the end of the movie but he will be back properly for viii. Hence he isnt on the poster.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Yeah as other have said I'm not overly impressed by the poster, I like seeing new stuff like the Death Planet :? but I would've preferred a more stylised type of poster. Not sure why they feel the need to cram as much into it as they did, leave the punters guessing and a single image could've done that nicely.

This one has always been one of my favourites as it gave away just enough to keep people interested, love the way you can just make out the Death Star orbiting Endor. Simple yet effective
201983%20Style%20A%20by%20Tim%20Reamer_zpsbzi2oaua.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Finally got my tickets for opening night after over 2 hours trying! All the websites are useless, I ended up phoning and spending half an hour in the queue. But got them :)

_Lee_

Sith Lord
BlueDog said:
Yeah as other have said I'm not overly impressed by the poster, I like seeing new stuff like the Death Planet :? but I would've preferred a more stylised type of poster. Not sure why they feel the need to cram as much into it as they did, leave the punters guessing and a single image could've done that nicely.

This one has always been one of my favourites as it gave away just enough to keep people interested, love the way you can just make out the Death Star orbiting Endor. Simple yet effective
201983%20Style%20A%20by%20Tim%20Reamer_zpsbzi2oaua.jpg

Thats my favorite poster from the OT :)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I got away early from work tho morning just to get online and buy tickets - site crashed and spent 40 minutes clicking refresh but luckily my smart wife used her mob and booked them :D

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Booked my ticket too - minute after midnight on the 17th at the O2 - I must be mental!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom