The Book of Boba Fett Discussion Thread (Episode Spoilers Allowed!)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think most of episode 5 was great but again there was to much our world in that episode.

The white ceramic tiles on the wall and the plastic curtain in the slaughterhouse is to much our world. I think disney could have done that better, with something new that would look much more star wars universe :rolleyes:

I must admit I also missed boba in that episode it was more like a mando episode than a boba episode.

But the rest was great. I loved the large ringworld in space. It reminded me about the wheel from the old marvel star wars comics :cool:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think most of episode 5 was great but again there was to much our world in that episode.

The white ceramic tiles on the wall and the plastic curtain in the slaughterhouse is to much our world. I think disney could have done that better, with something new that would look much more star wars universe :rolleyes:

I must admit I also missed boba in that episode it was more like a mando episode than a boba episode.

But the rest was great. I loved the large ringworld in space. It reminded me about the wheel from the old marvel star wars comics :cool:
The wheel world reminded me of Elysium.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Now THAT'S Star Wars! A brilliant episode 6 that I can't imagine many Star Wars fans not loving. After an admittedly slow start in earlier episodes, the story is now building nicely to next week's final episode, which is now coming far too soon. I love the interconnectedness of the Favreau/Filoni universe, with characters from other series and shows putting in plausible appearances elsewhere. And of course, let's hear it for the wizards behind the CGI, which was absolutely incredible! I know there were some complaints about the CGI in the final episode of season 2 of 'The Mandalorian' where Luke's likeness was slightly off, but my god, you can't say that about this episode! It was like they filmed Mark Hamill's scenes back in 1983! Superb stuff!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed! Luke looked amazing! Slight niggle again at the lack of Fett, but it was a brilliant episode- absolute Star Wars. Shame about Cobb... although, I guess there's a chance he might've survived?

Last edited:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow - I will rewatch that episode so many times.
Watched the whole thing with a great big smile on my face.
Excellent, just excellent :)
9F9D0E26-8648-4302-B351-3340150C6912.jpeg

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow I'm loving TBOBF, the Luke and Grogu stuff looks phenomenal and the Fett story line has me hooked. Loved every episode so far and it just gets better. Yeah bits of it aren't perfect but nothing that spoils my enjoyment of it. Can't wait for next week!

UKS

Jedi Knight
I'm really enjoying it but with tiny caveats.

1. Cobb obviously survived. Shot in the arm and it was clear the deputy was there to take the death.
2. Grogu going back to Mando. From a business point of view makes perfect sense. Everyone loves Grogu and Mando. Saves Grogu from dying in the stupid Disney sequel films. However, I think that takes a lot away from Luke/the Jedi etc and the great end tk his arc in the season two finale.
3. Generally the loving of EU/other media. The apprentice from the cartoon is basically senior to Luke, in a bit of a Mary Sue way. And I don't know who the Alien with Henry Fonda's hat from Once upon a time in the west is. I assume he is some returning Faloni returning character - but I haven't seen any if that so no idea beyond "badass".
4. Luke's Jedi/Force chat was badly recycled Yoda sayings. With one or two wonky phrases (great Jedi?) He could have thrown a couple of slightly expanded Jedi thinking in there - just read a book on Buddhism.

But even with all that it is still absolutely great, and seeing Luke training Jedi in a positive warm Luke way is lovely. I think Luke can be a bit warmer again though. ROTJ was a bit tinged with pain and the DS. He doesn't need to be frozen at that moment. He hasn't even changed his clothes!

But it's wonderful! And I loved it.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm really enjoying it but with tiny caveats.

1. Cobb obviously survived. Shot in the arm and it was clear the deputy was there to take the death.
2. Grogu going back to Mando. From a business point of view makes perfect sense. Everyone loves Grogu and Mando. Saves Grogu from dying in the stupid Disney sequel films. However, I think that takes a lot away from Luke/the Jedi etc and the great end tk his arc in the season two finale.
3. Generally the loving of EU/other media. The apprentice from the cartoon is basically senior to Luke, in a bit of a Mary Sue way. And I don't know who the Alien with Henry Fonda's hat from Once upon a time in the west is. I assume he is some returning Faloni returning character - but I haven't seen any if that so no idea beyond "badass".
4. Luke's Jedi/Force chat was badly recycled Yoda sayings. With one or two wonky phrases (great Jedi?) He could have thrown a couple of slightly expanded Jedi thinking in there - just read a book on Buddhism.

But even with all that it is still absolutely great, and seeing Luke training Jedi in a positive warm Luke way is lovely. I think Luke can be a bit warmer again though. ROTJ was a bit tinged with pain and the DS. He doesn't need to be frozen at that moment. He hasn't even changed his clothes!

But it's wonderful! And I loved it.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. However regarding your point 3. above, with the greatest respect, by your own admission you haven't seen any of Filoni's stuff. Ahsoka Tano is most definitely NOT a Mary Sue in any way shape or form. Throughout 7 (mostly; there were certainly a few dud episodes along the way ;)) wonderful seasons of 'The Clone Wars' she evolved from the inexperienced and irritating padawan of Anakin Skywalker to a powerful, kickass Jedi in her own right, learning and growing both physically and mentally, before finally turning away from the Jedi Order when she decided she didn't like the way they did things. She more than earned her stripes and won over the audience as a consequence. She really is a wonderful character and I strongly recommend watching 'The Clone Wars' series. You'll love it :). Also, she is of course senior to Luke in terms of her age, as she started training as a Jedi before he was born, although Luke is undoubtedly the more powerful of the two now.

Also, the alien with Henry Fonda's hat is called Cad Bane, another character from 'The Clone Wars' and a most welcome addition to the live-action Favreau/Filoni-verse :).

Last edited:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Personally I have enjoyed the book of Fett. I've loved all the background stuff on Tatooine and all the nods back to the past SW films/shows etc. I love the Star Wars universe so always love to see events happen within it.

Though I like seeing the Mandalorian and Grogu again - and I thought Luke was pretty cool, far better than in the last Mandalorian episode - The series is about Fett I thought, so two episodes where he hardly makes an appearance seems a bit odd.

I think along with the Mandalorian, BOBF is enjoyable in its own right, but is considerably more so if you are familiar with a lot of the other star wars stuff. That way you understand the awesomeness of Ashoka for example or would appreciate the background to Mandalore, the problems it experienced and the Bo Katan/dark saber story. Had you not seen the phantom menace then the whole Naboo fighter was nothing special. Heck, if you hadn't seen Jedi then the Sarlac Pitt escape or the wreckage of the sail barge would have no real significance.

None of it really stands independent of everything else as it is all part of the same universe created by Lucas film, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away :cool:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Wow...what an episode. Luke, Grogu, Ahsoka, Cob, Cad Bane and Mando all in one instalment.
Luke looked virtually flawless. Shamook knocked it out of the park, with the DeepFake CGI.
It got to the point where I stopped looking for flaws in the CGI and just accepted that was ROTJ-era Luke/Mark Hamill on the screen. Just amazing.

My only concern is this is still going to lead into the godawful Sequel Trilogy.
Hopefully, Grogu picks the lightsabre and we go off in an alternative timeline.

UKS

Jedi Knight
My only concern is this is still going to lead into the godawful Sequel Trilogy.
Hopefully, Grogu picks the lightsabre and we go off in an alternative timeline.
This was my concern as well.

In terms of other media, I don't do that, and haven't since Kevin J Anderson drove a fighter into a sun and blew it up, and also when Witches rode Rancors.

I think I'm of the opinion that SW works best when it stays close-ish to the Lucas created works. Even the CG cartoons I've caught, I have found a little EU cheesey and fanboyish. I guess if it added in as little sprinkles it works (I liked the Alien Van Cleef!) but my concern is it heads more that way... including the Sequel Trilogy Abomination. And SW works best when it is instantly accessable mythic patterns at work, and not deep lore technobabble Star Trek worlds.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Star Wars works best when it is instantly accessable mythic patterns at work, and not deep lore technobabble Star Trek worlds.
Agree. The frontier world aspects of SW have always appealed to me, especially Tatooine. Star Wars has always been a Space Western at heart.
When the visuals/story start going too Star Trekkie (Canto Bight and to some extent Coruscant), it turns me off.
I thought Filoni captured the western vibe beautifully in Ep6. Like you, I instantly got Lee Van Cleef vibes on seeing Cad Banes silhouette.

They also seem to be learning the 'Mary Sue' lesson as well.
Grogu is shown to fail and pick himself back up ("always get back up"), rather than being instantly brilliant, like Rey.

It pains me to say it, but even though I've loved aspects of DisneySW (R1, Mando, Rebels S7), if it all leads to the ST, then it's ultimately pointless.
Enjoying the journey to a bad destination.

Latest posts

Top Bottom