The AFA mistakes thread (and damaged/altered after grading)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I had an AFA 85 DSD (regrettably no photo) which looked fine on first sight. But when I looked on top of his head there was a big blotch of black paint. AFA must have missed that.

Joe

Grand Master
Capetown said:
I had an AFA 85 DSD (regrettably no photo) which looked fine on first sight. But when I looked on top of his head there was a big blotch of black paint. AFA must have missed that.

Oh the pains of finding a DSD that is up to your standards :lol: It must have been a kick in the teeth to settle on a graded one then find a problem with that!! :evil:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
paulaura said:
I sent a load of last 17 figures in for grading, all sent loose, in mint condition, and 2 of them were sent back as U90s!!!!

:lol: That's gold. They should do that more often. It would kick the chair from underneath the whole U grade collecting madness.

slim

Sith Lord
excellant thread choice m8 and i see zuckuss has made it , what about a high value moc or similar that they fecked up ??

slim

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
whiteskinnydroid said:
Capetown said:

Oh the pains of finding a DSD that is up to your standards :lol: It must have been a kick the teeth to settle on a graded one then find a problem with that!! :evil:

Yeah I originally wanted to break him out. The DSD's defect and the fact that a graded R5D4 which I bought also didn't meet my standards got me off that particular track. It's frustrating sometimes.

Joe

Grand Master
I saw an AFA 85 DSD recently that had a bit of paint missing on his shoulder, just looks ****, I think they should abolish the U grade and only grade figures that are mint - I would refuse anything else unless it was rare and needed documenting or to be preserved!

slim

Sith Lord
here's one guys......going by the pics posted so far these afa guys make boobs so given that fact , how safe is it buying a DT luke afa loose graded ? and has every loose graded vc jawa been legit ?

slim

Joe

Grand Master
Well Tom does the authentication on vinyl Jawas and DTs and the like so I am going to guess no ...BUT with over 300 Graded vinyl Jawas so far I wouldn't rule out a mistake ;)

spoons

Grand Master
loving the rebo band too - Rock AND Roll!

Not the most obvious error, but no-one noticed this fella was a moulded legs Han :D

3ESB31AMouldedlegscasesm.jpg

I remember seeing a graded loose Luke Bespin with a repro sabre on ebay - the seller made it a selling point :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
I had to look three times at the gam guard james but you can clearly see the paint loss and transferred paint on the inside of the acrylic case..doh !

Good one AFA!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Joe that AT-AT commander is still AFA 85 so he must still be worth loads!
Just cos his head might have fallen off doesn't mean he's worth any less, he's graded 85 after all!

I've never understood how AFA cases "protect" loose figures. Surely by definition there muct be some contact/rubbing between the figure and some part of the case and that's gonna lead to paint loss/transfer?!

Joe

Grand Master
aussiejames said:

Shipping AFA figures must be so nerve racking..

Wow, he just popped right out! They do double as a new game though - "Get the figure back in the bubble in 10 shakes" :mrgreen:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom