Thanks for all your support - Health update

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Good luck Bram for tomorrow, just keep thinking this horrible stuff you gotta drink will hopefully give you some answers so will be worth it in the end.

ODB

Jedi Master
Bramistuta25 said:
Not looking forward to today or tomorrow guys!

Not allowed to eat and have to drink 3 litres of fluid, then the Pixolax at 4pm, which I am sure you all know what that does! :twisted:

I have my Colonoscopy tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to that but hoping for some results soon, just hoping the diagnosis is not too horrible! :shock:

I've had a colonoscopy (yes I was ill and it wasn't some bizarre sex game before some ask), they do give you quite heavy sedation and mine gave me a big and quite surreal trip. So the procedure itself isn't too bad as you are usually out of it, though the laxatives and the build up are by far the worst part. Afterwards though I couldn't but help feel somewhat violated and the doctor didn't even buy me a drink.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
ODB said:
Bramistuta25 said:
Not looking forward to today or tomorrow guys!

Not allowed to eat and have to drink 3 litres of fluid, then the Pixolax at 4pm, which I am sure you all know what that does! :twisted:

I have my Colonoscopy tomorrow and I'm really not looking forward to that but hoping for some results soon, just hoping the diagnosis is not too horrible! :shock:

I've had a colonoscopy (yes I was ill and it wasn't some bizarre sex game before some ask), they do give you quite heavy sedation and mine gave me a big and quite surreal trip. So the procedure itself isn't too bad as you are usually out of it, though the laxatives and the build up are by far the worst part. Afterwards though I couldn't but help feel somewhat violated and the doctor didn't even buy me a drink.

That's put my mind at rest!

I have a private doctor and they earn quite a bit so I may get a meal and a glass of vino!

:lol:

ODB

Jedi Master
Mine was private too so don't get your hopes up. The private nurses are nice though so every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

Like I say the procedure itself is easy as you are out of it, the apprehension and the laxatives are the worst bit so if you can get over those jobs a good un.

timbo72

Sith Lord
Might not be to bad Bram, if the scope was clear that could be a good sign. Keep thinking positive buddy !!!!!!!

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
I know how you feel waiting for results. I had a biopsy on my lymph nodes over 4 weeks ago.
I hope you get the all clear and everything is ok for you.
The waiting is the worst part.

Jez

Sith Lord
I can sympathise a bit. After a series of tests a few years ago, including various scans and a camera inserted in my hole which rhymes with "Slaps Rye" (dicussed at length in another thread), they found nothing wrong with me.
The whole situation worried the hell out of me.

I'm sure that Mrs Bram will also be massively anxious, pass on our best wishes to her.

We wish you well mate, thanks for keeping us updated.
Stay Strong

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I have been through similar tests in the past with no findings. Doctors told me I could go to the unversity for special research or live with it as it was not life threatening (Nerve damage). At first I thought I had cancer or some other disease. So hang in there......Not knowing can suck....but it may be better than having a serious condition.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Bramistuta25 said:
Pissed off now. No results. Have to wait for the MRI scan results too. Still don't know what's wrong and still have no medication.

http://www.misery.com

:(

Keep us posted buddy. Must be really frustrating for you. What a crock of ****. :|

tundra9

Sith Lord
Not knowing sucks bigtime, Bram!
When I got my illness, I went through 2 weeks of testing (hospitalized on severe painkillers) before they found out that I had a nerve damage,
but they never found out the origin of it, or where the damage was located, only that the nerve endings in my feet didn't
respond to impulses. They suspect the damage is either in my lower legs or in my lumbar, but no sure answer has come up.

Hang in there buddy, answers will come eventually, and be glad you have your wife and family to turn to. :)

Chewie

Jedi Master
I hope you get well soon Bram and they find some answers for you :wink:

It's very scary not knowing what is happening! I started falling over just over a year ago....my wife thought i was being clumsy all the time then we soon realised that they was more to it, and went to see the doctors. I had many tests done Blood tests, MRI's, EMG and all sorts of stuff.....It was very scary stuff and the waiting was horrible! All the doctors were at a loss as they had never seen it before so they contacted Newcastle neuromuscular centre for rare diseases and then sent me up there. I lost all movement in my ankles and my muscles wasted in my calves and i had to get leg braces fitted. After a lot more testing they told me that i have a very rere muscle disease called myofibrillar myopathy but they didn't know why it had happened. They said that i had to have a muscle biopsy to get a piece of the affected muscle out for testing to see which of the genes had mutated and caused the disease. I've had two muscle biopsies taken from my calves to try and find the mutated gene but both times they couldn't get usable muscle tissues and saw that the muscle fibres were completely destoyed in both calves.

I'm actually going back into hospital tomorrow to have a third muscle biopsy......this time they are taking muscle from my thigh muscle (quadricep) to see if they can get usable muscle fibres.

I've not really told you guys on here about it (except for Chris) it's just been a real life changer and i've been in and out of hospital all the time.....one minute you're ok the next minute your life gets turned upside down :shock:

Good luck with the tests Bram :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom