TFA Tickets now on sale.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Got midnight tickets (3d) at Bristol Cribbs Causeway Vue, and then family tickets for Cheltenham Cineworld on the 23rd. Can't wait!

x-pack

Grand Master
From the release date I won't be visiting the internet or the outside world until i've seen it.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
AMC Theatres, the second-largest chain in the country with over 5,000 locations, said the film had broken its single-day advance ticket sales record more than 10 times over. It didn't release specific figures, but said it sold out more than 1,000 shows nationwide within 12 hours.

Movietickets.com said traffic was three times higher than at any point in its 15 year history. Advance tickets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens were already selling four times greater than for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith over the same time span.

IMAX reported specific numbers, with the large-screen exhibitor saying it had sold a staggering $6.5 million in tickets since yesterday across only 390 screens in North America.

Several major theater chains and ticket sellers (Fandango included) crashed Monday night after tickets were made available

maxf

Jedi Master
Im going in the evening on the 17th - no midnight showing for me. I definitely wont be on here or FB on the 17th until after the credits roll.

knopie

Jedi Knight
Wednesday the 16th I will be in the theater at 10:00.
I was lucky to be the 40est person to book, so seats in the middle of the cinema

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
So, now that we all have tickets, when are you guys going to switch the Internet off. I will stay on the forum till the beginning of December and see how it goes but I might have to switch Facebook off in about two weeks time. Either that or put all the Star Wars groups on silent as there will be some inconsiderate douche who tries to reveal a big spoiler. I see it almost happening already and details of the film are still scarce.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
My experience on Monday.

I was told I was one hour away from going into the operating theatre when I noticed tickets were on sale. I spent most of that time in a flap trying to get on the Odeon site. After 40 minutes I thought to use their app and that worked. Stressful.

I'm going to a 2d midnight show.

I'll turn the internet off as it's released in LA. I'll then hide in a church hoping that Brian Glover doesn't find me.

Oh, and the operation was cancelled until tomorrow. Some blarney about the previous operation overrunning but the surgeon had the guilty look of a man who had been trying to get on the Odeon site all day.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Just joined the 'has tickets' club!

Opening day 5:40pm - we'll pick the girls up from school have a little early dinner in town and then...

Looking forward to that BWAM and the words Star Wars filling the screen! My daughters weren't born for the SE or the prequels so this will be their first Star Wars cinematic experience.

SOJ

Sith Lord
So far I've booked

17th Dec Midnight in the IMAX in Uxbridge, 20:30 on the same day and then 12:30 on Saturday to take my son.

Haven't got my son news years weekend and my missus is working so thinking of making a trip to the BFI IMAX in Waterloo in the morning while everyone else is nursing hangovers.

x-pack

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
So, now that we all have tickets, when are you guys going to switch the Internet off. I will stay on the forum till the beginning of December and see how it goes but I might have to switch Facebook off in about two weeks time. Either that or put all the Star Wars groups on silent as there will be some inconsiderate douche who tries to reveal a big spoiler. I see it almost happening already and details of the film are still scarce.

I think that's good advice for anyone who doesn't want the film ruining 8) Can't stand Facebook anyway ...still go on it for some reason :roll:

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Eventually got round to booking my tickets, going to the 2.20pm show on the 17th , sorry guys need my sleep .

Probably book another showing at the weekend! :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
I wanted it to be in the same cinema I saw Star Wars in the 70's and TPM in in the 90's. Sadly that cinema is no longer working so had to settle for the same town, different cinema!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Good ol Cineworld in Bexleyheath. NEVER booked out for any film on the Thursday. I remember going to see The Clone Wars on the Thursday afternoon it was released. There was about 20 people in there.

Got my tickets for 1550, with about 70% of the seats still to sell. 2 seats right at the rear and centre so no pain in the arses in front of us. £8.20 per ticket. I work nights, self employed, but I ain't losing a night off work just to see it a few hours earlier. When I wake up I won't be turning on the internet or the TV. Don't want anyone's opinion influencing me. My only panic is picking up people from those midnight showings (I'm a London Cabby) and them yaking about it. Basically I won't be going near any cinemas looking for work lol.

My thoughts are it's going to be stunning visuals, a decent story, and "thank god it was better than the prequels", as I'm already seeing elements in the trailers that look a little weak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom