SWTOTW, Week 51, 2018, Part 1/2 Tauntaun With Open Belly Rescue Feature

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
and here are my kenner box and a few loose :D
As usual Lars, you never fail to impress with your vast collection! That's a wonderful assortment of open belly tauntauns. The Danish price stickers on the Palitoy boxes are very interesting to see too. Can I assume Denmark did not have its own licensed boxes, like Palitoy in the UK, Meccano in France, etc.? Or did they have a mix of their own and foreign imports? It's something I feel I really ought to know already, so apologies for my ignorance! :oops:

Thanks as always for sharing your tremendous collection :)

thanks mate for our very kind words as always :D Yes Denmark did not have its own licensed boxes. They imported from Palitoy, Kenner USA, Kenner Canada, Meccano and Clipper. As I understand it some stores imported from this factories others bought from a wholesaler in denmark maybe there was more than one :? others also bought from BRIO, you can read a little about it here on this link :wink: http://trilogo.info/intro-history/european-countries-companies/

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
and here are my kenner box and a few loose :D
As usual Lars, you never fail to impress with your vast collection! That's a wonderful assortment of open belly tauntauns. The Danish price stickers on the Palitoy boxes are very interesting to see too. Can I assume Denmark did not have its own licensed boxes, like Palitoy in the UK, Meccano in France, etc.? Or did they have a mix of their own and foreign imports? It's something I feel I really ought to know already, so apologies for my ignorance! :oops:

thanks mate for our very kind words as always :D Yes Denmark did not have its own licensed boxes. They imported from Palitoy, Kenner USA, Kenner Canada, Meccano and Clipper. As I understand it some stores imported from this factories others bought from a wholesaler in denmark maybe there was more than one :? others also bought from BRIO, you can read a little about it here on this link :wink: http://trilogo.info/intro-history/european-countries-companies/
Thanks for the info and link!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks for the info and link!

Your welcome, I hope you can use it :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Oh man that has got to be one of my favourite boxes - the Empire Palitoy ones. The colours look so cool and it's a great size too. This is my own childhood open belly which I must have got for birthday or Christmas 82'. I remember playing with this a lot with the Wampa and Luke and Han Hoths. These items mean so much more to me as I was handling them 35 years ago and they were gifts from my parents or other relatives. I think Im going to display my childhood bits all together at some point.

C5183AB2-02FA-4E05-9A93-696C6EEACBA9.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Oh man that has got to be one of my favourite boxes - the Empire Palitoy ones. The colours look so cool and it's a great size too. This is my own childhood open belly which I must have got for birthday or Christmas 82'. I remember playing with this a lot with the Wampa and Luke and Han Hoths. These items mean so much more to me as I was handling them 35 years ago and they were gifts from my parents or other relatives. I think Im going to display my childhood bits all together at some point.

I think it's great that you still have your childhood toys; I wish I did! Your tauntaun is also in great condition, so you must have been a careful child that looked after his toys!

Thanks for sharing :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:

Cool that you still have all your childhood star wars toy :D sounds like a good idea to display them together. I would have done the same, if I had not been so stupid to sell the beaters in 2001 and to mix most of them with the rest of my collection so I now do not know what is what :roll: lucky I did manage to ID a few special figures from my childhood lot. But the rest I do not know if I still have them :(

thanks for sharing the great story and a picture of that beautiful tauntaun :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom