SWTOTW, Week 48, 2018, Part 2/2 Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Such a great ship, I think it's one of the coolest things in the whole line. I also didn't have one as a kid.. but really liked my cousins one. Nice to see all these examples, Palitoy Empire ones too! I've got a M.i.b Jedi one. I've had this a long time and didn't pay much for it at all. It was the first ship I bought when I started collecting (in about 08' I think). Just noticed it doesn't have Kenner or Palitoy on the box, bilogo I think same as Lars's. Unfortunately the other side of the box is buggered but the Slave 1 itself is very clean.

P1090212.JPG

P1090214.JPG

P1090215.JPG

P1090217.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Such a great ship, I think it's one of the coolest things in the whole line. I also didn't have one as a kid.. but really liked my cousins one. Nice to see all these examples, Palitoy Empire ones too! I've got a M.i.b Jedi one. I've had this a long time and didn't pay much for it at all. It was the first ship I bought when I started collecting (in about 08' I think). Just noticed it doesn't have Kenner or Palitoy on the box, bilogo I think same as Lars's. Unfortunately the other side of the box is buggered but the Slave 1 itself is very clean.

P1090212.JPG

P1090214.JPG

P1090215.JPG

P1090217.JPG
It's a shame if the other side of the box is damaged, however the side in the photo looks lovely, plus the stickers being unapplied is very nice. The instructions and ship itself look brand new!

Thanks for sharing :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
I do not have any slave one palitoy box as all of you. But I have some other boxes. But I would love to have a palitoy box 8)

My kenner box

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 08.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 07.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 09.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 10.JPG

My Euro Bi-logo box

P1130480_zps5cbtb9dg.jpg

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 12.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 14.JPG

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 13.JPG

and my slave one special offer action play setting, I am still missing the box :(

Slave I Boba Fett's Spaceship 01.JPG
Yet another fine collection from you, Lars! Great to see a Kenner ESB box on this thread, and a good Euro Bi-logo box too :)

Regarding the relative abundance of Palitoy ESB boxes, it certainly seems to have been both a popular toy at the time, but also came in a small enough box that it wasn't massively inconvenient to keep (unlike the AT-AT's, for example), but was also a tough enough box that it helped it survive better than most vintage boxes down the years.

thanks mate for the kind words :D I also hope you like my slave one special offer action play setting :lol: I guess everything with boba fett was popular :lol: I agree, when I find vintage toy with boxes then I find the small and medium boxes. But then again this boxes was cheaper than the bigger toy like the at-at. But then again the bigger boxes is also not always tough enough :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Looking great mate, thanks for sharing the pictures. Are you army building on the slave one ? :lol: :wink:

Thanks. :) Not yet but I might be on the die cast version.

Cool, sounds like we will see an army of die cast slave one in the future in another thread :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Robstyley said:

P1090212.JPG

P1090214.JPG

P1090215.JPG

P1090217.JPG

Wow beautiful vehicle and box also great to see the stickers have not been used 8) thanks mate for sharing the pictures :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
thanks mate for the kind words :D I also hope you like my slave one special offer action play setting :lol: I guess everything with boba fett was popular :lol: I agree, when I find vintage toy with boxes then I find the small and medium boxes. But then again this boxes was cheaper than the bigger toy like the at-at. But then again the bigger boxes is also not always tough enough :(
Sorry, yes I should have commented on the action play setting as well. They're pretty rare and yours looks to be in great condition :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Sorry, yes I should have commented on the action play setting as well. They're pretty rare and yours looks to be in great condition :)

No problem, I just thought maybe you did not see it :lol: could be cool to see if any one have a box here for it here on the forum :D I remember frank has some special offer boxes, but I am not sure if he has the slave one box :? thanks again mate for the kind words and yes it is rare, I am glad that I bought it before they made them as repro :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice examples everyone, love the ROTJ one Rob. One of my favourite vehicles as a child, so much playability with this toy. Had hours of fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom