Star Wars bedroom ware quandary.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Aliencouture - If genuine, you have an amazing item there. Where did you obtain it? (there's plenty of opportunity for fakes). I suppose that the photo was to display the piece in a natural setting and that you don't use a genuine Revenge of the Jedi prototype as an actual bed cover.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
s1d0w: Nice item! The manufacturer was Penshiel Ltd but it could well have been sold in Marks and Spencer. There was a range for Return of the Jedi too. I'm always interested in anything like this, so thanks for sharing.

Aliencouture

Youngling
Hi, yes it's genuine. We thought it must be a bootleg but we've had it looked at and it's a genuine Lucasfilm product. Must have been made just before the name change and decided against. We have another much smaller piece in a slightly thicker fabric which I believe must have been a prototype curtain but it had been cut up.

No we don't use it just for pics ;)

I'd love to find more out about the company but I think this is as far as I can go research wise.

I buy a LOT of character fabric and make vintage cushions (aliencouture.com) picked it up in a bundle of vintage Star Wars fabrics in the UK!!

Aliencouture

Youngling
s1d0w said:
I dug out these bad boys. i could have sworn they came from Marks and Spencer.
I'll fish out my Blue Empire and White Jedi duvet covers and see what information they had on them.

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 22.03.14.png
Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 22.03.21.png

Pj's are great. Thanks, would be interesting if they were marked HM too. I've had a few of them Empire fabrics but don't have any labels.

SimpleSi

Youngling
At least one catalogue company was offering a mix and match Star Wars bedroom ware set. The duvet cover is American but the rest seems to be from Britain.

If you're going to go sleep in your Star Wars bed, don't forget your Star Wars pyjamas.

Craig.
Some really good information here. I appreciate this is an old thread but I found this very interesting. I found the same catalogue photograph of bedding. It's from the Marshall Ward mail order catalogue 1978/79 Autumn/Winter. I only recently tracked this down.

I had just the pillowcase ordered from that catalogue, which I still have. It was the dark blue version as in the picture. I also had the full set of MPC model kits also featured in the toy section of this catalogue (I've got a scan from the catalogue if anyone's interested).

About 15 years ago I picked up the dark blue curtains and duvet cover off eBay. I think I paid something like £4 for the duvet and £7 for the set of curtains. It would have been nice to have created a retro star wars guest bedroom but it never happened. I always loved the artwork on from this 1977/78 bedding.

Anyone remember the wallpaper? ICI purchased the world rights to the official Star Wars wall covering from 20th Century Fox in 1978. It was produced under the brand name Vymura and sold for about £4 per roll.

Attachments

• Marshall Ward 1978 swfuk.png
    Marshall Ward 1978 swfuk.png
    957.6 KB · Views: 37

SimpleSi

Youngling
I just managed to find my pillow case. It's a large size at 78cm x 44cm.

I couldn't find any makers stamp on the fabric itself, just the washing instructions label inside.

Attachments

• DSCF2031_v2.png
    DSCF2031_v2.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF2035_v2.png
    DSCF2035_v2.png
    638.9 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Top Bottom