*Spoilers* What are your thoughts on Max Von Sydow?

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I heard Daniel Craig was in it but hadn't spotted him. That's pretty funny that he was the trooper :lol: , did he do the voice-over or was that someone else? I'm sure it was the standard US Stormtrooper accent :D

winnebago88

Padawan
I do believe Simon Pegg was the fat guy at the cantina who's with the guy in the red helmet who nearly take Finn to the outer rim. Would make total sense to seeing as though he actually had a peg leg :lol:

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Max von Sydow was also in Robin Hood (2010 version) where he played the blind stepfather, Sir Walter Loxley. I was surprised that his role wasn't bigger in TFA...

Yes, Daniel Craig's voice was used...or at least, it really sounded like him to my ears!

Ian_C

Jedi Master
imdb.com is your friend. ;)

Simon Pegg was Unkar Plutt - the junk dealer who was giving Rey her food rations.

And somewhere I saw someone ask who Warwick Davis was. A character named Woolivan. There was a somewhat wolfish looking creature with Leia's Resistance group. I'd imagine from the name this was him.

Ian

S117

Youngling
He puzzled me at first. When he said "I've traveled too far, seen too much", I was trying to examine his face to match it to any previous characters, but could not obviously. Would have been nice to have been given a little backstory on him. He is/was clearly an important person. He must also have connection to Luke/Kylo if the latter is able to identify him.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:
did we not see a tiny glimpse of Zuvio in the vision getting mowed down by the knights of ren?

Certainly did and If memory serves think he had a lightsabre through him too. :shock:

As for Max von Syndow I thought he was superb in the short intro scene, may have been small role but we may well see him in future movies, stand alones etc.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
S117 said:
He puzzled me at first. When he said "I've traveled too far, seen too much", I was trying to examine his face to match it to any previous characters, but could not obviously. Would have been nice to have been given a little backstory on him. He is/was clearly an important person. He must also have connection to Luke/Kylo if the latter is able to identify him.

must have been around for a long time as Kylo Ren mentions how old he had become.

He was also looking for Luke and had acquired that map. He knew Leia and was a follower of hers, so an old aide of the Organas? Or had been with Leia for many years.

afsupplies

Padawan
Michael Sith said:
Ernst Stavro Blofeld as the head of Spectre in James Bond....Never Say Never Again as well :wink:
Oh god I'd forgotten that, I'll have to watch that again now.

I think Max's character will be expanded on in Episode VIII when we'll find out he's watching over Rey in secret, like Obi-Wan did to Luke. Why else would he need to know where Luke is?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom