Sold my suspect TT Fett on eBay.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Just thought some of you may be interested in this.

I had a 45c Palitoy Boba Fett on eBay for sale. I didn't want to offer it on here in case it pissed anyone off.

I watched one sell for £420.50 with no mention at all of possible TT link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOC-Star-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Interestingly a 90 grade went for £650, and they did mention something about it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Mine went for just £193, and fully described the situation to the best of my knowledge
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271916194966?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I paid £110 for it from a toy fair at some point in the mid nineties, so I'm just happy that I didn't lose anything.

Joe

Grand Master
If nothing else you can be safe in the knowledge that your description was extremely well written and above all, honest!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Joe said:
If nothing else you can be safe in the knowledge that your description was extremely well written and above all, honest!

Thanks. I could have easily kept quiet about it all and probably made more, but I want to gain the trust of the Star Wars community, and help contribute where I can to help us all have a good experience.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
A good, honest description and your (bonus) profit is made with a clean conscience. Good on ya. Wish there were more sellers like you about.

The only thing to improve listings of Toy Toni figures like this, I would suggest is not make bidder's ID's private. I know it's not our problem when something like this leaves our collection, but who's to say the next buyer isn't going to flip it an take some less knowledgeable collector for a few quid more. Alternatively, add the AFA number in the listing, this way it's at least searchable via Google for as long as the listings last.

Has anyone started a database of known/suspected AFA'd TT figures yet?

sith-smith

Grand Master
All in all I think that was great.

You made a good profit on a piece very honestly listed. 8)

stormcab

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
A good, honest description and your (bonus) profit is made with a clean conscience. Good on ya. Wish there were more sellers like you about.

The only thing to improve listings of Toy Toni figures like this, I would suggest is not make bidder's ID's private. I know it's not our problem when something like this leaves our collection, but who's to say the next buyer isn't going to flip it an take some less knowledgeable collector for a few quid more. Alternatively, add the AFA number in the listing, this way it's at least searchable via Google for as long as the listings last.

Has anyone started a database of known/suspected AFA'd TT figures yet?

Crap, keep forgetting to de-select that option. I want people to see items sold so they can see the sort of item and prices I get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom