Snoopers Paradise Brighton - MOCs

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Popped in there at lunchtime today, they still have plenty of loose figures (overpriced IMO)

A few nice carded figures though, I got the out of the cabinet and they all appear to be genuine no reseals or repro card or split bubbles to be found on any of these.

Hoth Stromtrooper on a Jedi card punched -very good condition with a clear bubble £40
FX7 Tri logo punched clear bubble a few creases to the card £38
C3P0 removable limbs Jedi card unpunched clear bubble £38
Anakin Tri logo a punched few dings to the bubble £20 (I think)
Bib Fortuna Jedi card nice condition yellow bubble but no too bad £20
Barada POTF unpunched a few small dings and a slighty yellow bubble £65

Also a few packs of unopened SW original trading cards at £6.50 each

I have some pics if anyone is interested but they are not great

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Didn't think to check out the back :roll: , I have some pics which I'll upload tomorrow

D

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I can second what Dave has said about the MOC there. They are all in great condition and reasonably priced too. Was tempted by the Barada but was sticking to my ROTJ run.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
They are in great Condition because that is toytoni's stall in snooper's paradise. He is a nice guy. The first time I met him was in there and completely by chance. He came in to check his stock etc. Very friendly.

Chris.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
hwwbwg.jpg

15g3sw.jpg

25ow65z.jpg

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I know Pete, I bought the Weequay when I was down there. The price sticker was indeed stuck to the bubble and it was not easy to get off. Had to very gently prize it off as best I coould then very gently rub the rest of with a damp sponge. Was a bit nervracking as I didnt know if the bubble was going to come off the card or crack!!!

PGowdy

Grand Master
Well, yeah, I can imagine. You're lucky you got it off at all. Imagine dealing with that yellow/brittle bubble Bib Fortuna. :shock: Don't fancy the chances of getting that off without breaking or at least severely denting the bubble. Bloody idiots.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I bought one from Toni at Snoopers Paradise a while back and the sticker was only applied loosely. I was able to peel it off easily enough. That said, Im sure there is probably a better way of pricing them up. :|

If in doubt, reach for the goo gone or zippo lighter fluid. That will sort it out 9 times out of ten. :wink:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Well with a vintage item/collectable you obviously don't 'stick' anything to it. That's basics and i'm shocked at their short-sitedness. If it were my shop i'd probably just fold a small piece of card over the top of the moc with the price written or printed on it.
It really is lucky that it happened to be a sticker that can be easily removed (even so it's a dangerous thing to do).
The PS3 games i buy from my local pawn/exchange shop put price stickers on the covers that are near impossible to remove. I can sometimes get most of the sticker off but the residue is unremovable. Really pisses me off but at least it's not a valuable vintage item.

.Q.

Jedi Master
Glues will break down with the application of either a little soap and water, or white spirits - depending on the solvent in the glue. I've never removed a sticky label from something as frail as Moc bubble, so naturally, proceed with caution, little by little. I daresay some wise soul will be able to provide advice for safe sticker removal. Dismayed to see anyone sticking anything to a vintage item, rather disrespectful if you ask me.

Lee77

Sith Lord
It's strange that someone who has sold as many mocs as Toni would put stickers on them. Whenever I've bought from him, they come well packed in star cases.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Lee77 said:
It's strange that someone who has sold as many mocs as Toni would put stickers on them. Whenever I've bought from him, they come well packed in star cases.

Really? That must be new. I've bought maybe a dozen MOCs from him over the last 10 years and although safely packed, have never had a star case.

Surely the ONLY way to display MOCs for sale is in a star case with a price sticker on that? Stupid to do anything else.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
There is local shop here where the guy put his price stickers directly on his Boxed vintage star wars items (X-WING, TIE, Etc.). He has outrageous prices and I told him that putting price stickers on them was not wise...he told me that it does not effect the value and they come offeasy with a little work and what do I know :shock:

The one thing I know is you do not value an open boxed X-Wing at three times it's value, then stick a huge price sticker on the face of the vintage box....****ing looser.

and as far as this topic goes....Goo Gone will remove the stickers off those bubbles...but as has already been said...you risk dents and cracking.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it, or mentioned it, but I use a hairdryer on a low heat to gently warm up the sticker which softens the glue and then you can peel them off... I've even done it on stickers that have been applied for years on carded figures. Never failed.

I don;t like to use lighter fluid as it leaves residue and stinks! :roll:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Bramistuta25 said:
I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it, or mentioned it, but I use a hairdryer on a low heat to gently warm up the sticker which softens the glue and then you can peel them off... I've even done it on stickers that have been applied for years on carded figures. Never failed.

I don;t like to use lighter fluid as it leaves residue and stinks! :roll:

Strange. It's never left a residue for me mate. :?

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Any tricks for removing a price sticker from a card. Or just leave it where it is?

One of the orange Toy R Us ones if it helps

D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom